User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it now. The piece at the top holds the 2x4 back in case the wall doesn’t hold. Clever. Thanks so much

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will & Karyn
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2020 Duramax SRD 3500
    Long Time Part Timers

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim

LAST QUESTION I was going to use zinc plated self tapping screws to fasten the aluminum angle to the aluminum frame. Concerned with the soft frame and the screws stripping or letting go...just curious, what type of screws did you use?

Will

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used some of the same black headed screw that GD uses. I don’t think there anything special. Just sheet metal screws with a painted black head.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will & Karyn
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2020 Duramax SRD 3500
    Long Time Part Timers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Here is a pic about halfway through install. for some reason I never took more. Its in storage now but I can get more pics soon.

I mounted 2 2x4's wrapped in black to the front wall running from ceiling to floor. the 2 2x4's moved the tv mount out far enough to clear the opening. I attached the mor ryde sliding mount to the 2x4's http://www.morryde.com/products/119-...%2F1-tv-mounts.

I then created a plywood "wall" wrapped in the same black material that runs from floor to ceiling mounted in front of the tv (also has a back leg running to the front basement wall to protect the back). My wall stops about 4" from the ext door because of the tv swing. It pulls straight out to a point the swivels.

Mine runs off the inverter so I can watch off the batteries. Since tv's have parasitic losses even when turned off I ran a light switch to completely cut the power between the outlet and the inverter.

I had some space left above the tv so I'm now working on adding tubes up there for fishing pole storage. kind of a reverse system to what you see in some current fishing boats

Attachment 19023
    I'm going to copy your basement tv mount setup and I hope I have a real easy question for you. Do you happen to remember what size TV you used? Best Buy has some good deals going on right now for super bowl and I cannot get to my unit (in storage) to measure the basement opening? If anyone knows what the basement opening dimensions are for a 2020 Solitude 380FL. I would definitely appreciate it!
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonakin View Post
    I'm going to copy your basement tv mount setup and I hope I have a real easy question for you. Do you happen to remember what size TV you used? Best Buy has some good deals going on right now for super bowl and I cannot get to my unit (in storage) to measure the basement opening? If anyone knows what the basement opening dimensions are for a 2020 Solitude 380FL. I would definitely appreciate it!
    I don't off hand but I can check tonight when I get home. I think its a 50"
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realized that was our old 377. I have the same set up in our current 375 (without the protection box as we use the rear basement for storage now). Its the same size door though
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a 50” tv. The opening is about 28 3/4” tall.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12