User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basement TV mounting

I have been scrolling through past threads on TV mounting. I would like to mount a TV in the basement. I actually have one from our old trailer that I can use. I need to figure out the best mount yet. My issue is that it seems like all of the pictures no one has any stuff in their storage area. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get TV in and out without unloading half of my stuff to allow it to swing. And then there is the fear of it getting smashed by stuff shifting going down the road. With three kids I feel like I have enough chairs for the campground some days.

How have others addressed this issue? I probably wouldn't use it a lot, just for the night races on the weekends and maybe a movie once in a while.

Thanks.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have just the mount in there and use a tv from inside , just take it out and hook up when you need it then return it back to the inside when not used out side.
    Or even just set it in he storage and not mount it.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a pic about halfway through install. for some reason I never took more. Its in storage now but I can get more pics soon.

I mounted 2 2x4's wrapped in black to the front wall running from ceiling to floor. the 2 2x4's moved the tv mount out far enough to clear the opening. I attached the mor ryde sliding mount to the 2x4's http://www.morryde.com/products/119-...%2F1-tv-mounts.

I then created a plywood "wall" wrapped in the same black material that runs from floor to ceiling mounted in front of the tv (also has a back leg running to the front basement wall to protect the back). My wall stops about 4" from the ext door because of the tv swing. It pulls straight out to a point the swivels.

Mine runs off the inverter so I can watch off the batteries. Since tv's have parasitic losses even when turned off I ran a light switch to completely cut the power between the outlet and the inverter.

I had some space left above the tv so I'm now working on adding tubes up there for fishing pole storage. kind of a reverse system to what you see in some current fishing boats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside tv.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	19023
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would show pictures but it's pouring down rain now and don't want to go outside. All the items I keep on the curb side of the storage come out anyway, mainly table, chairs, patio mat, etc. I'm left with almost nothing. When the TV is not in use and I push it in place I have a bungie cord that keeps the TV flat to the wall while traveling. I also place a large bath towel over the screen to keep it somewhat safe and when I put items back in the patio mats goes next to it. Been traveling like that for a couple of years with no problems.
    Arnold Warnes
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets try this again. Completely messed up the first post trying to fix the pictures.

I was able to take a few more pics of the tv mounting over the weekend

Name:	IMG_3671(3).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	19120

Name:	IMG_3673 (3).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	19117

Name:	IMG_3674.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	19121

Name:	IMG_3676.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	19122
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jkeller. I like that setup. Might have to creat something like that.

The biggest challenge I have right now to work around is a wood crate that takes the entire floor of the basement to store a metal fence for around the fire to keep the kids safe.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you fasten the 2x4s to the wall?

Hey jkeller...I like what you did. I purchased the same molrryde bracket. I have about 2 inches from the basement wall and the edge of the opening. Was going to attach a couple of 2x4s on side and attach some plywood to add another 1/2 inch for mounting the bracket. a simple drawing of what I intend to do:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.47.51 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	36574

My question: I'm concerned that the bracket might come loose if I don't fasten the lumber to the basement wall properly. How did you fasten the 2x4s to the wall? Did you you fasten to the aluminum frame? If so, how?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------
    Will & Karyn
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2020 GMC 3500 Duramax SRD
    Last edited by WJC380FL; 09-09-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJC380FL View Post
    Hey jkeller...I like what you did. I purchased the same molrryde bracket. I have about 2 inches from the basement wall and the edge of the opening. Was going to attach a couple of 2x4s on side and attach some plywood to add another 1/2 inch for mounting the bracket. a simple drawing of what I intend to do:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.47.51 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	36574

My question: I'm concerned that the bracket might come loose if I don't fasten the lumber to the basement wall properly. How did you fasten the 2x4s to the wall? Did you you fasten to the aluminum frame? If so, how?

Thanks

Will & Karyn
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2020 GMC 3500 Duramax SRD
    Its been awhile since I did that one. I know I used some cabinet screws through the panel dividing the basement/front compartment from the front compartment side into the 2x4's. Cabinet screws have a larger flat head to stop them from pulling through. I seem to remember that the divider panel was secured well enough that I didn't feel the need to do anything else. I also used a pc of foam that was sandwiched between the wall protecting the tv and the tv bezel when stowed. I think it helped stabilize the tv and give it additional support while traveling. It worked fine for 4 years before I sold it.

Now on my 2021 375 it was a different story. The divider panel was not secured well enough to support the tv. I ended up using single flat 2x4's to give me the meat for the lag bolts on the mount and I used a pc of aluminum angle stock that I screwed to the frame at the top that basically sandwiches the 2x4's and the divider panel against part of the frame in the front compartment. Its a little hard to explain but I get some pics as soon as I can and post them.

Jim
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Pics would help. I’m guessing that there wouldn’t be a large pull on the wall if the 2x4 run floor to ceiling and are securely fastened to the aluminum frame behind the wall. Most of the torque is vertical I think? Looking forward to pics. Thanks

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will & Karyn
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    2020 Duramax SRD 3500
    Long Time Part Timers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJC380FL View Post
    Thanks. Pics would help. I’m guessing that there wouldn’t be a large pull on the wall if the 2x4 run floor to ceiling and are securely fastened to the aluminum frame behind the wall. Most of the torque is vertical I think? Looking forward to pics. Thanks

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here you go

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1193.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	36584

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1194.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.4 KB