Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water handle

This weekend when I went to drain the tanks, water came out when I took the cap off but no handles were pulled yet. I noticed when I went to push the black water handle back it to close, it wouldn't push in all the way. Ideas or suggestions of what to do??

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem with a Dutchmen Denali 5vr. Took it back to dealer and they found a wedge of loose glue in the valve body. Lucky for us it was a grey water valve problem. Good luck !!
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happen to me once, don't remember which tank. If you have an old washing machine hose and a 4 inch sewer cap with a hose connection, use a pressure reducer and a non-potable water hose. Hook it up and apply low pressure water into the sewer drain. Open and close the effected valve a few times and the back pressure should dislodge whatever is in the valve. Shut off the water and carefully drain the water from the drain line and hopefully problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice Chilly...and welcome to the forums.
    Stang, this happened to us in our previous TT. It was indeed something clogging the valve. Hubby backwashed it several times and finally flushed whatever was causing the clog to come on out.

Sounds like this is an issue with campers in general.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stang98 View Post
    This weekend when I went to drain the tanks, water came out when I took the cap off but no handles were pulled yet. I noticed when I went to push the black water handle back it to close, it wouldn't push in all the way. Ideas or suggestions of what to do??
    Hi @Stang98,

Could be something hung up at the gate valves. Suggest using the black tank flush to see if it frees up the obstruction.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with my gray (kitchen) valve. I put it on the warranty repair list and just got it out of shop. Will test it next week at camp out.

Denny

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My middle valve (Gray) is stuck. It is very stiff to move, and it won't seal all the way. Got a good dousing of gray water the last time I tried to dump it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    My middle valve (Gray) is stuck. It is very stiff to move, and it won't seal all the way. Got a good dousing of gray water the last time I tried to dump it.
    The same thing happened to me. The middle valve was hard to move and would not stay in. Opened the cap once and got drenched. I took it in as a warranty item & they say it is fixed. Have not tried it yet. We'll see.

Denny
    2014 Reflection 303 RLS
    Carriere, MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stang98 View Post
    My Reflection did this from the day I took it off the lot. I'm pretty sure it is the Kitchen valve that is leaking. It is currently with the dealer to fix this and a bunch of other stuff.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliwalnutz View Post
    My Reflection did this from the day I took it off the lot. I'm pretty sure it is the Kitchen valve that is leaking. It is currently with the dealer to fix this and a bunch of other stuff.
    My rig was in for warranty work and the kitchen valve was included as one of the problems. I got it back last week and used it this past week. There was a small amount of water that came out when I removed the cap, but don't know if it was a result of their test or not. The valve definitely moves more freely, but not positive if it leaks or not. I will watch it and see what happens in the future. This seems to be a problem with the Reflections as others have noted this also. Please let me know if yours gets fixed.
    2014 Reflection 303 RLS
    Carriere, MS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast