Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear camera WIRED. Path to get wire to basement ?, 2600rb

I really want the wired RVS system. I plan to pull down bathroom vent shroud to get access to pre-wired camera wires. I would then remove the shower skylight shroud. Plan is to run wire from camera toward fan opening, turn and run to shower skylight then toward rear of camper then turn and run down thru the skinny shelves. Yes I will drill holes in each shelf.

My questions are:

1. At the bottom shelf, there is an enclosure below it where toilet supply runs into. I am not sure how to pass thru this area. From underneath, I observe there is no tank or other directly below. Thoughts ????

2. Any challenges getting into basement from underneath ? I do not want to run up thru the water hose grommet.

All thoughts welcome, thanx, Tom
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    I really want the wired RVS system. I plan to pull down bathroom vent shroud to get access to pre-wired camera wires. I would then remove the shower skylight shroud. Plan is to run wire from camera toward fan opening, turn and run to shower skylight then toward rear of camper then turn and run down thru the skinny shelves. Yes I will drill holes in each shelf.

My questions are:

1. At the bottom shelf, there is an enclosure below it where toilet supply runs into. I am not sure how to pass thru this area. From underneath, I observe there is no tank or other directly below. Thoughts ????

2. Any challenges getting into basement from underneath ? I do not want to run up thru the water hose grommet.

All thoughts welcome, thanx, Tom
    Question 1: That Black tank would probably be an issue back there. The easy way but most would not want to do it is to pop out that bottom cover where the supply to the toilet goes. I am pretty sure that would be just a void space in there and then would give you an opening to work in.

Question 2: It's very easy to get into the basement from underneath. Just get under the camper and start taking the bottom screws out and pull back that corner you need to get to. You would most likely see the water line going to the toilet under there also. I had to pull back the corrugated plastic a little when I mounted that bumper storage box.

You biggest issue would be that area next to the toilet behind that false backer board. If you pop it out it would be hard to put it back in place without access from behind. I have remove them and replaced them before but had better access.

So you want a hard wired camera. Have you thought of running the cable along the roof? and then down up front somewhere? Just thinking out loud...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the camper today putting brackets on my bumper box and pushed up up on that corner where you want to get underneath and that black tank is right there. That may be a show stopper without pulling all that cover back and looking to see what room you have to work??? I don't know.

I posted my bumper brackets to this thread.

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...y-Image-2150RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info. Its too cold/snow right now to take a look. If I discover the black tank is indeed there (basically under the shower), I will start liking wireless. More later.....
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Thanks for info. Its too cold/snow right now to take a look. If I discover the black tank is indeed there (basically under the shower), I will start liking wireless. More later.....
    Yea I use wireless just my own install and camera and it works well. I don't think I would go through all that just to have a wired camera. If you really have to have a wired camera I would be running it on the roof. People put solar and run wire all over there roofs you would be fine running a cable for the camera.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used a wired camera system from RVS for all my towing; picture is rock solid, never a flicker, no static, always a premo picture. I have read too many forum feedbacks about static, jitter issues. The complaints increase as you get closer to busy areas; seem better quality on open road. The convenience of wireless is very compelling; but if picture is not always stable then ..... Also, I plan to put cameras on each side, between basement doors and front of trailer. I really like the side view when backing up.

I have 3 months before we activate for spring use so I have time to figure this out and really hope the wiring can happen.

I just noticed the 2150 bathroom has same setup as our 2600. I wonder if someone with a 2150, in warmer weather, would look underneath that back corner of trailer and see if black tank extends to side of trailer. As I recall, there is an area in that corner where the bottom cover is not installed thus you could see the insulation underneath the flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by kendive View Post
    Yea I use wireless just my own install and camera and it works well. I don't think I would go through all that just to have a wired camera. If you really have to have a wired camera I would be running it on the roof. People put solar and run wire all over there roofs you would be fine running a cable for the camera.
    Last edited by wudwork; 01-14-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to add to the wireless/wired discussion. I used the wireless Furrion observation camera yesterday on the way to the Quartzsite rally. I'm guessing it dropped the signal 75 to 100 times while we made the four hour drive. It usually came back quickly, but it was annoying to me.

Jim