User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Flying J and TA seem to be the best bets for RV lanes.

I just wish gas stations would put their pumps so the lines run parallel to the road, that way we could pull in, fuel and pull out without having to make a 90 degree turn in the narrow space between the pumps and the building.
    Oh, God I don't want to think about the mess that would people trying to parallel park at the gas pumps. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    In Texas we have a chain of Bucee's , and I saw one now on I-10 in Alabama. A few are converted truck stops , but most are new construction to their plan. Minimum 50 pumps on several acre lots. Usually have the best prices and no semis allowed.
    As a bonus the best facilities you'll ever find on the road and every snack known to man.
    I always check for locations on our route to plan stops at them if available.
    They are building 2 new Bucees's in Florida. One at a new exit they are putting in on I75 north of Ocala, the other off of I95 near Daytona.
    The one in Alabama has 120 gas pumps. 120! not a misprint!
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    Bucees on I-10 in Alabama has 120 gas pumps. And when we were there, I think everyone was full... But, great food, and dang near a tourist attraction on their own.
    We drove through there to evacuate for the storm and I meant to stop but it slipped my mind. Next time I'm heading west I'm going to check it out.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am in the minority, but I have actually only pulled my trailer through a station once, I almost always find somewhere I can park it and unhitch. I have a 2 year old who always needs a diaper and to run around some so the breaks are welcome. Truck stops are great for finding somewhere to drop the trailer, but somewhat inconvenient otherwise (very messy, have to half-cock the pump to fill our “mortal” trucks, can’t pay at the pump, etc). I find myself liking Sheetz and WaWa.

We do not really ever eat at any of the restaurants due to diet restrictions my wife and I have so we always have our own snacks - so that is never really a factor.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google Earth is my friend. Prior to traveling I try to map out my route and look at the possible stations along the way. Mostly works out. Have a 28" Imagine pulled by an F150 eco-boost.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't read everything in this thread, but had to relate the frustration with the Ohio turnpike....

On exiting the highway, one is directed to the RV area - which is for camping. Fine, bypass that to the huge truck yard. Park and go in for snacks/bathroom etc. Hmmm, but then no way to get to the truck pumps, only a couple of which have gas. All lanes one way, toward the highway ramp. Impossible to get to the car pumps. So have to drive backwards through the truck yard, weaving around all the big rigs that are going the correct way toward me.

Then at the next stop, go to the truck pumps first, to avoid the wrong way driving. And gas pump has a truck parked there, idling, with no operator in sight. The other pump is unusable as it is on the wrong side with a too short hose. After a long while, some employee came up and advised I just pull around the abandoned truck, do a U turn, and come back at the open pump from the "wrong" direction so I could fuel up. And then another U turn in the yard to leave.

Geez I hate poor design......
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567