User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed Micro-Air Easy Start.

When I tested running my main (living room) AC on one Honda 2000i it started but not without a lot of chattering from the transfer switch as the voltage dropped low. It finally started and ran but it sure labored the Honda..

I installed a Micro-Air Easy Start on the AC today. It starts much better with no complaints from the transfer switch. But the rig pulls all of 15 amps with the AC on (and the frig, and the 2000W Inverter/Converter). So the voltage dropped low too often and the Micro-Air kept cutting the AC compressor on and off (when it trips off the compressor the M-A waits about 5 minutes before restarting it).

On shore power it's hard to tell when the M-A turns on the compressor. After it starts the fan it waits and then starts the compressor. I could't hardly tell on shore power but on one 2000i it was easy to hear based on the sound of the generator.

So it looks like I will have to use both my 2000i's i parallel to run the rig and one AC.

I turned off the Inverter/Converter (drop power into it completely via the circuit breaker) things were better. But I don't plan to do that just for AC; I'd rather just run 2 generators.

I'm left wondering if I'll Leave the Micro-Air installed or try to return it. Right now I'm leaning toward leaving it installed as it does do a nice job of 'ramping up' the AC.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who is running his COLEMAN 15KBTU on one Honda 2000i. The other neat thing is that Honda is phasing in the Honda 2200i.

One other tip is to check all the power connections and make sure there isn't in corrosion on them.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,

I finally decided to install the Easy Start today, went on top, took off the covers and noticed the electrical compartment is small. it has an extra component, Outdoor Temp Board. Haven't looked to see how it hooks up or interfere with the Easy Start, figured I would look and Ask on the owners forum.

I am wondering how this thing fits in a small area. I would love to see picture of the install. I have looked at several YouTube video so I pretty much knew what to expect.

Let me know your thoughts

Happy Camping !!!
    Loren and Crystal & Bear and Bailey (White Labs)
    2019 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins w/Asian, 4x4, CC and LB
    2019 Solitude 310GK AND 2013 Lance 850 CabOver

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the rig pulls all of 15 amps with the AC on (and the frig, and the 2000W Inverter/Converter)
    The Honda 2000 is not an electricity sub station. You're asking a lot for it to run a 15,000 A/C, fridge, and converter. If I was running A/C and fridge I would run both of my 2200 Honda's in parallel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this and all of the articles you post. Picking up my new 380-FL next week and and this article made me change directions a little. Pulled my 5500 generator out of my old RV with the intention of installing in the new 380. Now I think I will sell the 5500 (with 60 hrs) and buy 2 Honda 2200 and install solar instead. Thanks again for posting.