Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to Install HDMI Cable

Has anyone figured out an easy way to access the HDMI ports on the back of the FURRION TV? Installing an HDMI cable would solve some of the inferior problems with the model of the stereo unit that has been installed, such as not being able to play BlueRay discs. I've already added a Bluetooth adapter to the AV IN port of the DV1000. Thought I might be able to easily lift the TV off the mount temporarily. Was afraid I'd eventually snatch the entire unit off the wall, so I stopped. Boy, would have been nice for Grand Design to bring all the TV connections to a plate in the top left cabinet, next to the AC plug. Maybe I'm missing something. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hanksterman; 09-03-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    Hanksterman & Kae Rae
    2014 Reflection 323BHS
    1999 Ford F350 CC 7.3L Dually

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Our-RV-map.jpg

pwrplay
    Im interested to know how to remove the TV as well. I tried to lift it off the bracket but it doesn't seem to come off easy

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On mine, you simply lift the TV straight up and then pull it straight out. It's a snug fit, but wasn't very difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine i kind of put inward pressure on the TV and lifted straight up. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has two extra brackets on the top of the TV that would have to be removed before attempting to remove it..
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing my TV from the mounts was a bear for me also. There are two vertical brackets mounted to the wall. Each bracket has two holes/slots in it, one at the top and one at the bottom. I tried to remove it and could only get the bottom slots on each bracket out. When I had it at the dealer for other stuff (LOTS of other stuff), I had them look at it. They got it entirely off and apparently adjusted either the ?pins? on the back of the TV or the brackets themselves. It comes off very easily now. Essentially, you just push the TV up, and then pull it off. It is easier with two people.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

BBJonbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanksterman View Post
    I've already added a Bluetooth adapter to the AV IN port of the DV1000.
    I have a new 2015 303RLS and got a Haier TV which is very easy to remove from the wall bracket. Likely doesn't help you but my mount has 4 posts and I simply pull up and then out. A bit of a challenge to line the 4 posts up while placing it back on the mount but have done it a few times. Not sure why they switched to Haier TVs but likely my setup is different so probably not of any help. I don't have to place much pressure when lifting it up to remove the TV.

I am interested in knowing what specific Bluetooth dongle you purchased for the AV IN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJonbo View Post
    I am interested in knowing what specific Bluetooth dongle you purchased for the AV IN.
    I purchased the AUVIO® Bluetooth® Music Receiver Model: 1500465 from Radio Shack. Works very well. Also, received a call from the service department at Grand Design on instructions for lifting the TV off the bracket. Basically, I just needed to be a little more forceful....but careful. As the fit was very snug. Got it off, installed HDMI cable, and am very happy. Really appreciate the great customer care from Grand Design.
    Hanksterman & Kae Rae
    2014 Reflection 323BHS
    1999 Ford F350 CC 7.3L Dually

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Our-RV-map.jpg

BBJonbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanksterman View Post
    I purchased the AUVIO® Bluetooth® Music Receiver Model: 1500465 from Radio Shack. Works very well. Also, received a call from the service department at Grand Design on instructions for lifting the TV off the bracket. Basically, I just needed to be a little more forceful....but careful. As the fit was very snug. Got it off, installed HDMI cable, and am very happy. Really appreciate the great customer care from Grand Design.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got an early 369rl. Are all of the TV's mounted the same way? I unscrewed two top bracket screws and still could not lift the TV up or off the wall unit.
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast