User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    4daysrock

Need help with fridge not cooling enough???

I can't seem to get my fridge to stay cold enough unless I'm plugged. I added a additional fan after contacting GD and they said there was some issues with the Atwood product. I'm unable to stay under 45 degrees when I'm traveling from point to point. I use gas when driving but still not able to stay cool enough. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I also have to keep the unit set on its highest setting to keep it at 40 degrees.

4daysrock
    Quote Originally Posted by 4daysrock View Post
    I can't seem to get my fridge to stay cold enough unless I'm plugged. I added a additional fan after contacting GD and they said there was some issues with the Atwood product. I'm unable to stay under 45 degrees when I'm traveling from point to point. I use gas when driving but still not able to stay cool enough. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I also have to keep the unit set on its highest setting to keep it at 40 degrees.
    Update!!I was contacted by JD from Grand Design and he was able to help me resolve my issue with some updates to my venting. I'm super impressed with the quick response!!! Grand Design seem to really care about there customers!!! It's nice to see a company step up that doesn't happen very often anymore.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it's working. Out of interest, what changes did you make to the venting?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4daysrock View Post
    Update!!I was contacted by JD from Grand Design and he was able to help me resolve my issue with some updates to my venting. I'm super impressed with the quick response!!! Grand Design seem to really care about there customers!!! It's nice to see a company step up that doesn't happen very often anymore.
    Yeah . . . JD will do that to you .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rebuilt the venting on my fridge--to where the hot air goes straight out the side vent on the slide.

Previously, all the hot air went in the cavity around my fridge, as the OEM plywood wasn't very effective.