User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Denton TX - 17MKE Speakers sound busted

My Wife and recently bought a used 2021 17MKE and have taken it on 2 short trips to State Parks in North Texas. We look forward to hearing from other Grand Design owners and learning how to take care or our trailer. One thing we have noticed is that the inside and outside speakers sound like the are busted. Are these easy to swap out and/or is there some troubleshooting I can to do to get them sounding better? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, John

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an MLE and probably the same speakers. They are pretty bad. Just cheap product. My interior are a hair over 6” and the grilles just twist off to access the screws. I’ll shop new ones soon. Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering how to access the speakers. I will give them a look and probably replace them.Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just use a portable BT speaker. It's not just the speakers that are subquality, it's also the wiring and the deck. Outside speakers will be a PITA to replace. Some members managed to replace them. If you search on here you should be able to find the threads.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may be out phase, but they are definitely cheapos...lol
    I replaced them all and they now sound decent. If only the head unit will die so I can replace that with a quality unit.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently purchased a 2022 17MKE and also think the audio quality of the tv and the stereo is pretty poor. Strongly considering adding a Roku Streambar below the TV and forgo using the built-in stereo entirely. THere is a connection between the TV and the Furion Audio head, but it doesn't work - for anyone. I will be able to stream from my iPhone to the Streambar via Bluetooth.

One thing that doesn't work unfortunately is pairing a bluetooth speaker to the TCL Roku Smart TV. Roku prevents that. Too bad because I have a very nice Bose Bluetooth speaker.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
    One thing that doesn't work unfortunately is pairing a bluetooth speaker to the TCL Roku Smart TV. Roku prevents that. Too bad because I have a very nice Bose Bluetooth speaker.
    This (https://smile.amazon.com/RIOUSV-Blue.../dp/B09YCS39QW) might help with connecting to a Bluetooth soundbar. Plug it into the audio out on the TV.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsmyers View Post
    My Wife and recently bought a used 2021 17MKE and have taken it on 2 short trips to State Parks in North Texas. We look forward to hearing from other Grand Design owners and learning how to take care of our trailer. One thing we have noticed is that the inside and outside speakers sound like they are busted. Are these easy to swap out and/or is there some troubleshooting I can do to get them sounding better? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, John
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the new TT. I found much better sound simply by replacing the stock speakers. I went with Polk Audio (moderately-priced), others have reported good results with Infinity speakers (more pricey).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsmyers View Post
    My Wife and recently bought a used 2021 17MKE and have taken it on 2 short trips to State Parks in North Texas. We look forward to hearing from other Grand Design owners and learning how to take care or our trailer. One thing we have noticed is that the inside and outside speakers sound like the are busted. Are these easy to swap out and/or is there some troubleshooting I can to do to get them sounding better? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, John
    Moved to Electronics.
    @kjsmyers -

Welcome to the forum! You'll find a bunch of helpful folks here and a wealth of information. (You can play around with the search function at the top right to find answers before posting a question and check out the Reference Library, too.)

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015