User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Rockford Fosgate system

Just took position of my new 2019 351M and the Rockford Fosgate system has expanded. It now has two amps and two separate subwoofers, one outside and one interior. It also has two seperate subwoofer gain dials. Here is the tag that came with the coach.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVstereotag.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	19145

Also it has two amps, but the top one running the smaller speakers seams to get to hot to touch.

Name:	RVAMPS.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	19146

And, the outside speakers pop with the system is powered up and down. Any ideas on why?

Thanks.
    2018 Ram 3500 Mega cab Cummins HO Aisin SRW
    2019 GD Momentum 351M FBP on order due 3/2019
    2010 HD CVO Streetglide 130HP 140TQ
    1977 Ski Nautique Restored 351 Windsor 390ish HP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On both of our Trailers the stereo popped on turn on and off. The Fostgate amps are super small compared to the Kicker system in the old rig. I haven't noticed them getting hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amplifier very hot 2019 momentum

Mine is very hot as well and stereo is not turned on it’s making me nervous as well QUOTE=CVOGamble;227294]Just took position of my new 2019 351M and the Rockford Fosgate system has expanded. It now has two amps and two separate subwoofers, one outside and one interior. It also has two seperate subwoofer gain dials. Here is the tag that came with the coach.

Name:	RVstereotag.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	19145

Also it has two amps, but the top one running the smaller speakers seams to get to hot to touch.

Name:	RVAMPS.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	19146

And, the outside speakers pop with the system is powered up and down. Any ideas on why?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top one on my 349M is very hot as well (even while in storage and not actively being used). It's hot enough that it has me concerned. Will be very interested in anything you find out. May need to call the manufacturer...

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggio View Post
    The top one on my 349M is very hot as well (even while in storage and not actively being used). It's hot enough that it has me concerned. Will be very interested in anything you find out. May need to call the manufacturer...
    I dont have the new rockford system, but the old on my 2019. As soon as you flip the battery disconnect switch to ON, the amp powers up even though the remote wire is 0Volts. I have those same amps in my RZR, and they automatically turn on if it dectects voltage on the input wires. So basically, your amp is on all the time even though it shouldn't which why its always hot. I suspect the jensen radio must blip something out on the speaker wires when it first gets 12v power.

On my rig, if you turn the radio on, then off, it will signal the amp to shut down and wont be a parasitic draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is doing the same thing very hot to the touch. We also don’t have sound to any speakers but sound is coming from the inside sub. Sometimes the speakers will work but if you change the mode then nothing again. Then sometimes we can’t even get the stereo to turn on. Any suggestions?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a wiring connection issue. Did you check all of your plugin's? Another place to look is your "settings" to see if it has something not configured correctly. Good luck!

My 2020 Momentum 376THS has the upgraded Rockford system and it works well for sound on the inside but a bit of "pop/hiss" coming from the external speaker system. I found that bluetooth from my phone outside was the issue (too far from the receiver) and it went away when I set the phone down on the dinner table.

I too have the loud "bang" when the system is turned off. I set the volume to minimum before shutting down the system and that took care of it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the subwoofers located in the upgraded system on the 351M? Thanks in advance.

Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally popping occurs when there is a "ground loop" present. This means the components of a system are not sharing the same ground.
    Let's say in a car or boat, the amplifier has the ground wire connected to a bolt on the engine block and the stereo is grounded directly to the battery. That can cause the noticeable popping noise you hear. Not sure where your components are located in relation to one another, but a simple solution could be to run a ground wire from the stereo and connect it to the amp ground; this would ensure they are sharing the same ground. My assumption is that the amps are already sharing the same ground point at the chassis. Hope that helps.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 - 376THS has the upgraded system and the subwoofers are located behind the "love seat" and on the outside under the dining room slide-out mounted on the outboard side of the frame. It "pops" when I shut off the system, however only the 2 outside speakers make this sound.
    Ernie & Pauline
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    2021 Momentum 376THS
    Pulled by a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited - 6.7 Cummins