User Tag List

Thread: Window shades

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window shades

Looking for some nice roller shades for my trailer. My unit came with the pleated see thru stuff. I have been looking at the MCD
    product and it is really nice, but very expensive. Does anyone know of any other good alternatives? Not sure what the newer
    GD units are using, but they seem really nice also.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever find any blinds that would work for you? I am looking too... I looked on line at parts list for GD & they have what i need, but won't sell directly. When I contact my dealer, they have given me prices that were VERY nice, but the shipping for 3 blinds is $150 to Saint Louis MO area.... Ouch, almost more than than the cost of the 3 blinds...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're handy with a tape measure why not order custom sized residential blinds or shades you like? Blinds.com or SelectBlinds.com are always running sales as are Lowes and Home Depot. After looking at pricing on RV-specific blackout shades for our last camper, I went to residential models and paid a fraction of the price!

Will be doing the same to replace the accordion blind behind the range top. Who puts a flammable material on a window right behind open flame burners??? Levelor aluminum mini-blind on the way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If you're handy with a tape measure why not order custom sized residential blinds or shades you like? Blinds.com or SelectBlinds.com are always running sales as are Lowes and Home Depot. After looking at pricing on RV-specific blackout shades for our last camper, I went to residential models and paid a fraction of the price!

Will be doing the same to replace the accordion blind behind the range top. Who puts a flammable material on a window right behind open flame burners??? Levelor aluminum mini-blind on the way.
    I have looked for custom size blinds at those places & almost the same price sometimes, but the are all white.... I will continue the hunt & may find just what I want. But I know for sure the ones at GD are the correct size and if the prices range from $46 for the smallest & 79 for the back window, the prices are nice, the color is right, the size is right... just the shipping is crazy.... And YES I think putting flammable materials by the range is crazy! I have seen lots of people also put CURTAINS there... I just hope they don't use the stove!
    Lorna

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started looking at replacing my pleated blinds on our 2018 Reflection 315RLTS after looking at our friends new Reflection 303RLS which had nice black roller shades.

Thanks to GD great website I was able to compare shade sizes between the two GD's. Now I'll made a trip to the local GD Dealer for costs.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of these places....
    http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com
    http://s531404586.onlinehome.us/tpp_...n-Brochure.pdf
    http://www.recpro.com/interior-parts...roller-shades/
    http://richwoodrvinteriors.com/window-coverings/4702469
    http://automotionshade.com/English/Index.aspx

MCD is really nice. If doing it I'd get both the day/night shades. the Shademan is sometimes at the Tampa RV Super Show. Automation is what Tiffins was using at one point, along with MCD.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, those are very pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am looking to replace some of our black mesh blinds. I found this we page, they seem more reasonable. http://www.discountvantruck.com/ Just search for "pleated shades".

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    Did you ever find any blinds that would work for you? I am looking too... I looked on line at parts list for GD & they have what i need, but won't sell directly. When I contact my dealer, they have given me prices that were VERY nice, but the shipping for 3 blinds is $150 to Saint Louis MO area.... Ouch, almost more than than the cost of the 3 blinds...
    Sorry for the slow reply. I actually gave up on the idea after pricing the MCD shades. At the rv show last week I saw Irvineshades and the dealer is [email protected].
    He is running a 20 percent off show sale and the prices were much more reasonable. Placing an order tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhavasu View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply. I actually gave up on the idea after pricing the MCD shades. At the rv show last week I saw Irvineshades and the dealer is [email protected].
    He is running a 20 percent off show sale and the prices were much more reasonable. Placing an order tomorrow.
    I just looked on his website. His prices are still more than what I would pay at dealer after shipping. So, unless free shipping on top of 20%. I will still wait... darn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk