User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the outdoor kitchen sink

Is anyone using or has used theirs? Not until after we bought the trailer did we realize that the sink does not go into a tank but just has a pipe that goes over to the drivers side of the trailer. What do you use to for the drain to be able to use the sink?
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used it this weekend on our maiden voyage to Destin, FL. Bought a Y connector to tie both the outside sink and the main tank dump together. Also bought a shutoff valve to place just before the Y connector from the outside sink to prevent odors and worse from backing up into the outside sink. Worked well.
    Hanksterman & Kae Rae
    2014 Reflection 323BHS
    1999 Ford F350 CC 7.3L Dually

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Our-RV-map.jpg

pwrplay
    I brought up the same thing in the plumbing section here. We used ours all last week for the first time and only washed our hands and rinsed stuff off. No different than what the tent campers do. At first I was surprised too, but now I think its a good idea as it doesn't contribute to filling up the grey tanks. If I was on permanent site I would do what Hanksterman did, but since we're always moving , I opted to leave it as is.
    Our previous TT drained into the grey tank and that contributed to filling it up faster as the kids and everyone else would wash their hands there.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hanksterman...how many drain hoses do you carry with you? Seems like a long way from the back where the sink drain is to the front where the tank drain is.

@pwrplay...what are you draining the sink water into?
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct. And I have more hoses than the average guy, two I bought on our Labor Day as I became compulsive over getting it all hooked, connected, and flowing....(I know our neighbors must have gotten a laugh). So, I have one coming from the front main pipe, with the Y connector located close to the pipe from the outdoor sink. From there a similar hose in length connects to the site drain. It worked. Yet, may have been more trouble for the limited use of the outside sink on this trip.
    Hanksterman & Kae Rae
    2014 Reflection 323BHS

pwrplay
    I just let the water land on the ground. I should clarify that we don't wash dishes in the outdoor sink, just hands and I'll rinse out any coffee mugs or things that get dirt on them and just need a rinse off. We don't wash anything that had food stuff on it so we don't attract bugs or wild life.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buckets work also....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanksterman View Post
    You are correct. And I have more hoses than the average guy, two I bought on our Labor Day as I became compulsive over getting it all hooked, connected, and flowing....(I know our neighbors must have gotten a laugh). So, I have one coming from the front main pipe, with the Y connector located close to the pipe from the outdoor sink. From there a similar hose in length connects to the site drain. It worked. Yet, may have been more trouble for the limited use of the outside sink on this trip.
    Jeez...where are you storing all of those hoses? I have 2 hoses and store them in my bumper but I can't image getting a 3rd in there.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phydeauxman View Post
    Jeez...where are you storing all of those hoses? I have 2 hoses and store them in my bumper but I can't image getting a 3rd in there.
    The one from the outside sink to the Y connector is short and in a bag. The other two (from the main dump to the Y connector and the one from the connector to the sewer are in the bumper. Just getting to this point with the Y connector and external shutoff valve caused me all the grief. Was trying to save money by using some existing hoses and connectors. Ended up throwing one away and not using another new one I already owned.... A true comedy of errors....would have been a perfect scene for the movie RV.....all that was missing was the hose spreader.
    Hanksterman & Kae Rae
    2014 Reflection 323BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also did not realize when I bought mine that it did not drain into a grey water tank. I put a hose connector on mine and it drains into a 10 gallon container. I only use the sink for hand washing. Who "Design"ed that?