User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hauled ours like that for years in our Laredo, can't do that with the 337 as we have the table and chairs. The bikes stay dry and clean and eliminate any chance of theft. Nice install. I would like to add a receiver hitch on ours also, don't trust the bumper bolt on but so for it has worked for about 3K miles.
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug1193 View Post
    Does anybody know if the 2" receiver hitch that is now being installed on the Reflections be installed or adapted to be installed on the existing units in stock? This would solve my bike rack issue.
    I don't think anyone answered Doug93's question whether the 2" receiver hitches now factory installed on new Reflections, are available from Grand Design for purchase & installation on earlier Reflections. Can someone from GD Technical Support advise? As an alternate approach, are any of the "Bike Receivers" (reference SKU 181674, 178684, 148945) listed on the Lippert site ( http://store.lci1.com/bike-racks--receivers-c75.aspx ) compatible with the Reflection models?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I inquired about the new reflection hitch being available for units that did not come with them when we were at the rally. Sadly there is something different about the frame that makes them incompatible with the older design.

As for the lippert part numbers, I cannot comment/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lajones!

You should post this in the DIY section (if you haven't already) with some explanations.

That is the cooled DIY to haul bicycles in a trailer. Too bad we have a standing table otherwise I would have done that for my bikes.

Safe travels

Quote:
    I'm trying this from my phone so hopefully it works.
    We remover the luan and replace it with 1/2" plywood, attached spindle mounts for the adult bikes and drilled holes in the plywood for straps at the rear wheels as well as holes for straps for the kid bike. Once the bikes are unloaded, the plywood is flipped over and the cushions replaced. It worked out that the bike tires ride completely on the plywood and not on the table top at all. Ours is set for 3 bikes, 4 would fit with no problem.
    We took our first trip with the RV this weekend and all went well including hauling the bikes. Hope this can help someone else.
    Last edited by ACDW-Ottawa; 02-04-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Context correction
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12