Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at 2670MK

Hi another possible owner for 2670MK.
    Would like opinion about using2018 Silverado 1500 with gear ratio of 3.4 tow 9600 and payload of 1770
    To 6800# tw 700
    Husked center line weight distribution and sway control HT 32218 gtw 12000, tw 1200
    Thanks for all the help I can get

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Pittsburghmo , I moved your post to its own thread so you can get answers specific to your setup.

Going over the numbers it sounds like you should be ok. Just remember your payload includes everything you add to the truck.
    A upgrade to LT tires on the truck will help with a trailer that long to reduce the trailer trying to push the truck around.

Try a little searching here and see what you can find, if you can not find answers please post in the appropriate sections.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburghmo View Post
    Hi another possible owner for 2670MK.
    Would like opinion about using2018 Silverado 1500 with gear ratio of 3.4 tow 9600 and payload of 1770
    To 6800# tw 700
    Husked center line weight distribution and sway control HT 32218 gtw 12000, tw 1200
    Thanks for all the help I can get
    Welcome to the forum.

Please check out the How To Determine Your Truck's Trailer Towing Capability thread in the Reference Library. (Link provided below.) Admittedly it is almost like taking a college class, but learning how to figure out how to use all the numbers yourself will give you peace of mind and also allow you to play "what if" games to your heart's content (TV + Trailer!).

Any questions--fire away.

-Howard

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tongue weight will be closer to 1000# loaded for camping.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow it fine with our 2009 Ford F-150 with a 10K tow. We did order the Propride hitch to prevent sway. It is much more expensive than sway control, but I am all about safety and preventing sway all together. It gets you the closest thing to feeling like you are towing a 5th wheel.

We just ordered a new Ram 1500 Hemi w/eTorque, 3.92 ratio, tow package = 11,250 tow, 1780 payload. It comes with other cool features like air shocks. This paired with the Propride hitch is going to be one sweet tow...!

Here is a good article I found that talks about 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton and gas vs. Diesel. The fact we replace our truck every 10 years, won't be traveling in a lot of high elevations, and won't be towing excessive weight we decided to go with a gas 1/2 ton as they will give us a better overall tow when paired with the Propride hitch. This link should help put your mind at ease regarding any concerns towing with a 1/2 ton or gas truck as well.

https://rvlifemag.com/towing-half-to...e-quarter-ton/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you will see this since it is an old thread but your truck sounds similar to ours. We have a 2015 f150 3.5l ecoboost with max tow package. Gcwr of 16900 and max tow of 11500. The payload is 1765. There are only two of us and we are considering the 2670. Wondering how it is working for you. We want to be safe but don't want to rule something out that could work. I have done several tow calculator apps and they say I am within my limits but have been warned by some that we won't be happy with the experience. Would love to hear from someone who is actually doing it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 silverado with 9100# tow limit and have been told by Chevy and my mechanic that I will be fine as long as I stay under the 15000# gvcw limit. I've ran numbers a hundred times and I will be under that. My TT will be here end of march. I will update you when I get it and let you know how my truck tows it. I will also be using the propride setup as I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.