Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verizon Cell Based Home Phone

Since we have discussed home internet in great detail, I thought I'd check to see if others use Verizon for their "home phone". I ditched all landline based companies for phone and internet. I went with Verizon for all services. Can't say I'm thrilled with my hotspot or home phone device. Anyone else have a Verizon T2000 home phone device?
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, don't have their "home" service, but have dumped all landlines and run cells and prepaid hot spot. I'm much happier since went to the prepaid hot spot with unlimited. Verizon is most reliable in our area.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to install a Verizon LTE Extender at the house where we are, which uses my Internet connection. Gives me about 2500 sq ft of coverage. But we ditched all copper landlines and use just cell. IF you see one of my earlier threads, I put a winegard Connect 2.0 on the Reflection, works great when I needed it but its considered a hotspot so we get limited to 15GB of unlimited speed, after that its limited down to 600Kb (yuk).
    2017 F350 Lariat
    Co-Pilot RV Navigation System
    Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Package
    B&W Companion 25K
    Trail Air 18K King Pin
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Winegard Connect 2.0 4G/LTE Wifi Extender
    Winegard Traveler HD Antenna
    Honda EU3000is Generator onboard
    Boston Whaler Dauntless Boat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    I had to install a Verizon LTE Extender at the house where we are, which uses my Internet connection. Gives me about 2500 sq ft of coverage. But we ditched all copper landlines and use just cell. IF you see one of my earlier threads, I put a winegard Connect 2.0 on the Reflection, works great when I needed it but its considered a hotspot so we get limited to 15GB of unlimited speed, after that its limited down to 600Kb (yuk).
    Inquire about switching it to prepaid, not sure if they'll do it with your device but we now have unlimited LTE no throttling

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an unlimited plan already, but the treat hotspots (in other words not your phone) differently
    2017 F350 Lariat
    Co-Pilot RV Navigation System
    Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Package
    B&W Companion 25K
    Trail Air 18K King Pin
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Winegard Connect 2.0 4G/LTE Wifi Extender
    Winegard Traveler HD Antenna
    Honda EU3000is Generator onboard
    Boston Whaler Dauntless Boat

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Verizon's website:
    What happens once I've used the 15 GB limit for Mobile Hotspot or Jetpack?
    With the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of high-speed 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot and Jetpacks each billing cycle. Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed will be reduced to up to 600 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle. Data will continue to be unlimited while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps.

What happens after I use 22 GB of data?
    Most of the time you'll continue to enjoy the same great network experience once your line exceeds 22 GB during your billing cycle.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    I have an unlimited plan already, but the treat hotspots (in other words not your phone) differently
    @Fl2GaScotts may be telling you about a hotspot plan that you don't seem to have.

Some of us here have the MiFi 8800L hotspot device, purchased for $199, and a PREPAID Unlimited plan for $65 or $70 per month which is usually blazing-fast and appears to be truly unlimited, unlike others of their so-called "unlimited" plans.

I had some initial trouble getting service with it but after the device was swapped it became one of our best tools for connecting on the road.

The device is small and battery-powered, easily carried around to be your data source wherever Verizon has service, so your phones' data plans might become almost superfluous... might be able to save some money on those.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark,

My mifi 8800L is still a problem. I got a new sim card for it but that didn't help. Next plan is to have them replace the whole unit. Its constantly fluctuating from 3 bars to 1 bar while sitting in the same location. I tried a few different antenna but neither really helped. Can't say I'm pleased with.

As far as the T2000, my wife still wanted a local number and home phone. Can't say I'm pleased with it either.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @Fl2GaScotts may be telling you about a hotspot plan that you don't seem to have.

Some of us here have the MiFi 8800L hotspot device, purchased for $199, and a PREPAID Unlimited plan for $65 or $70 per month which is usually blazing-fast and appears to be truly unlimited, unlike others of their so-called "unlimited" plans.

I had some initial trouble getting service with it but after the device was swapped it became one of our best tools for connecting on the road.

The device is small and battery-powered, easily carried around to be your data source wherever Verizon has service, so your phones' data plans might become almost superfluous... might be able to save some money on those.
    ^^^This.

I was able to switch my jetpack from my post paid cell plan with Verizon to a stand alone prepaid unlimited data plan. No more limits, no more throttling. All phones, tablets, laptops, streaming tv we use guess through that for internet here at home. I even use wifi calling when in house on my cell.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Mark,

My mifi 8800L is still a problem. I got a new sim card for it but that didn't help. Next plan is to have them replace the whole unit. Its constantly fluctuating from 3 bars to 1 bar while sitting in the same location. I tried a few different antenna but neither really helped. Can't say I'm pleased with.

As far as the T2000, my wife still wanted a local number and home phone. Can't say I'm pleased with it either.
    I had read the issues with that unit, that's why I decided to simply move my existing to prepaid. It had a couple hiccups the first weekend but flawless since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast