Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2970RL Grey Water Tanks

Wondering if the two grey water tanks can be equalized. If I leave the drain cap on the main drain line for the black and grey water, can I open both grey water valves and equalize the tanks. Do any of the lines have check valves in them. I asked my dealer and got the deer in the headlights look. Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can do that. Get a 4" twist on valve to go where your cap is. Then you can control water in the drain lines.
    2018 303RLS (Window in closet slide, full size pantry, 16" rims, small fridge)
    2017 RAM 2500HD CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 w/Cummins
    B&W Companion Manual Slider for RAM puck system.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmbl-bee View Post
    Wondering if the two grey water tanks can be equalized. If I leave the drain cap on the main drain line for the black and grey water, can I open both grey water valves and equalize the tanks. Do any of the lines have check valves in them. I asked my dealer and got the deer in the headlights look. Thanks.
    There are no check valves in the drain lines. The tank dump valves are located right at the end of the tank , the pipe from the tanks to the connection where the sewer hose connect to has no valve. If you just leave the cap on and open the grey tank valves you will have a pipe full of grey waste to deal with when you remove the cap.

As suggested above if you use a twist on valve in place of the cap this will allow you to equalize the tanks and not have a mess when you remove the cap , the cap can be used with the twist on valve.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's. I will look into a twist on valve. The campground we like in Colorado has electric hookups but no sewer. It will be great equalizing the grey water tanks. The shower uses a lot more water than the kitchen. Equalizing the tanks will give us more time between dumping.