User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the all in one heater in the front generator compartment of the Solitude 310gk. I started by having the heat go into the front compartment and also into the front belly area. I started smelling melting plastic from the pvc fittings I was using and abandoned that idea and instead drilled a 3 inch hole into the basement area and ran the heat duct into the basement. Now the basement is around 90 degrees and the heat is warming up the bathroom floor. I am sure some of the heat is making it's way into the trailer too. I think the best solution is to try and get the heat into the furnace heating ducts as a booster. I will try and post some pictures when I get a chance. I need to find some 3 inch foil ducting to make a heat run with. I don't really want to use rigid duct, but I could if necessary.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I installed the all in one heater in the front generator compartment of the Solitude 310gk. I started by having the heat go into the front compartment and also into the front belly area. I started smelling melting plastic from the pvc fittings I was using and abandoned that idea and instead drilled a 3 inch hole into the basement area and ran the heat duct into the basement. Now the basement is around 90 degrees and the heat is warming up the bathroom floor. I am sure some of the heat is making it's way into the trailer too. I think the best solution is to try and get the heat into the furnace heating ducts as a booster. I will try and post some pictures when I get a chance. I need to find some 3 inch foil ducting to make a heat run with. I don't really want to use rigid duct, but I could if necessary.
    Your layout looks similar to mine. What if you get one of those 4” pieces of duct with a fan in it and install it under your step/ under the counter/hutch. It will pull air from your storage bay and into the living space. You could put a vent on the duct and it’ll blend right in. I had this idea for mine also and still may do it depending on the storage bay temp once it gets cold here.

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I think the duct with a fan is a good idea. The fan in the heater is good but if you tap into the factory ducting it falls pretty hard. I can feel heat Blowing from the bedroom and bathroom vent but that’s about it. Nothing in the kitchen vents. It’ll all depend on where you tap into though.
    Last edited by StillCamping; 12-30-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCamping View Post
    Your layout looks similar to mine. What if you get one of those 4” pieces of duct with a fan in it and install it under your step/ under the counter/hutch. It will pull air from your storage bay and into the living space. You could put a vent on the duct and it’ll blend right in. I had this idea for mine also and still may do it depending on the storage bay temp once it gets cold here.

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I think the duct with a fan is a good idea. The fan in the heater is good but if you tap into the factory ducting it falls pretty hard. I can feel heat Blowing from the bedroom and bathroom vent but that’s about it. Nothing in the kitchen vents. It’ll all depend on where you tap into though.
    I ordered a 4 inch vent booster and it should be here in a couple of days.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience in an RV part was that skirting my rig and supplementing with a 1500 watt quartz heater provided a nice balance between keeping the underbelly warm and not blowing through a propane tank in 2 days. That said, if you're boondocking, you might consider an open splitter and a spare tank on each side, giving you 50 - 60 lbs per side...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my .05/c
    I currently have 5 diesel heaters in service:
    one heats my shed (12x50)
    another heats my gazeboo (12x12)
    one heats my storage container 24/7 been on for probably 5 months now
    and two in my Grand Design Momentum 44'
    all are no name Chinese except for one ( webasto ) which is the first one I bought and is installed under the bedroom (where generator sits)

I am very please by them all. I have many hours on them, been camping throughout the winter here in Minnesota

Final setup was: propane as last resort (55 or below), one diesel as maintenance (3kw), under the bedroom for very chilly days and cubic mini stove for whenever I was home.

For the upcoming winter I am planning to move diesels to outside enclosure. Already tested that with gazeboo.

Only issue I had so far was was the freezing exhaust. You have to be really careful how you route that.

Will get pictures too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agazoo View Post
    my .05/c
    I currently have 5 diesel heaters in service:
    one heats my shed (12x50)
    another heats my gazeboo (12x12)
    one heats my storage container 24/7 been on for probably 5 months now
    and two in my Grand Design Momentum 44'
    all are no name Chinese except for one ( webasto ) which is the first one I bought and is installed under the bedroom (where generator sits)

I am very please by them all. I have many hours on them, been camping throughout the winter here in Minnesota

Final setup was: propane as last resort (55 or below), one diesel as maintenance (3kw), under the bedroom for very chilly days and cubic mini stove for whenever I was home.

For the upcoming winter I am planning to move diesels to outside enclosure. Already tested that with gazeboo.

Only issue I had so far was was the freezing exhaust. You have to be really careful how you route that.

Will get pictures too.

In for pics. My neighbor here at the rv park is running 2 in his class A
    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab Short Bed
    2019 Solitude 3350RL

Me, my wife (early 30’s), a dog, and a cat.
    Instagram: StillCamping

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234