User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to hi-jack this thread so here is a link to my problem/solution starting on page 8 Flat springs on 2018 28BH
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danedubr View Post
    On my 2018 2500RL, had warranty replacement of axles with 3” diameter, new tires and new 1750lb springs. Still had only 2 1/2” clearance. Tires still rubbed. So I installed Morryde CRE3000 and wet bolts and 2500lb springs. I now have at least 3 5/8” clearance. Currently taking trailer out for first trip, so jury is still out. I am not confident that I won’t have bad tire wear pattern.

I noticed new 2019 trailer on dealer lot with 3” axles AND 1” taller hangers. A Grand Design acknowledgement of design problem ? They left the rest of us to fix their design problem with a questionable fix of using heavier springs. They should have recalled these trailers. I think there are hundreds or even thousands of these Imagines on the road and the owners don’t realize that there is a safety problem with tires rubbing. It’s not that the owners aren’t smart it’s just that they assume the trailer is designed properly. It is a bad design and Grand Design knows it.
    Pete,
    I agree where I was told early on that the Imagine would not handle the heavier springs. Now they are authorizing the installation on rigs with 3 inch axles. At some point, they realized there was a much larger problem in the field and did the analysis with the heavier springs. These rigs should be recalled or at a minimum the parts sent to customers who are willing to install them. I do not like the longer hangers as a method to gain tire clearance. The heavier springs would reduce body roll and may result in better handling as a bonus.
    Jim
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 04-27-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had tire failure and my axle was bent on further inspection. Grand Design and Dexter could not have been nicer when I contacted them. They have agreed to replace my axles with the 3” tubes. I’m waiting for the axles to ship so we can set a repair date. I will keep you posted.
    We had to cut our trip short but we’re able to nurse it home. Next stop, repair shop.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size tires did you go with?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Jim's statement mirrors what I learned from Lippert when I queried them about the axle on my 2600RB. The 2600RB axle beam is used in much higher rated axle assemblies.

Our 2019 suspension upgrades included:
    Morryde CRE3000
    Wet Bolts
    2250 lbs springs
    GY Endurance Tires
    Spring hanger support welding.

All this has raised the TT about an inch as the spring specs indicated.

We have 9000 miles on our TT and plan at least 6000 this year. The downside is now it pulls much smoother but, I can't pinpoint exactly why?

Here's a link to the spring information from LCI https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...056#post216056
    Did you go with 225's for the tires or stick with 205's

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck with the 205's

Quote Originally Posted by jbgolfs View Post
    Did you go with 225's for the tires or stick with 205's
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    205 8 PLY or 10PLY i have read some where that to get 10PLY you have to go to 225 tire is that true? DEDennis
    Dale & Kelly
    2013 f150 3.5 EcoBoost SuperCrew
    Tow Package, 3:55 Gears FireStone Air Bags
    Cooper E Rated Tires Stage 3 Raptor Trans Cooler
    2019 Imagine 2600RB MORrydeCRE3000 +HDShackle &WetBolt Kit
    Upgraded Leaf Springs 2200lbs
    Blue Ox Sway Pro 1000

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m following this same chain of issues. My rear axle sagged and both axles and springs were replaced last august. When I went to pick it up I noticed it looked higher, the oem springs must have sagged significantly.

When I got home I looked it over and noticed the tires had previously hit the floor a few times.

I added the cre3000 in the in April it offered slightly more clearance but I can already see that these new springs are on their way to being flat. I have some sumo springs to install next. I’m thinking three points of load will be easier on the frame than the factory two point setup.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    I’m following this same chain of issues. My rear axle sagged and both axles and springs were replaced last august. When I went to pick it up I noticed it looked higher, the oem springs must have sagged significantly.

When I got home I looked it over and noticed the tires had previously hit the floor a few times.

I added the cre3000 in the in April it offered slightly more clearance but I can already see that these new springs are on their way to being flat. I have some sumo springs to install next. I’m thinking three points of load will be easier on the frame than the factory two point setup.
    Were the replacement springs the same weight rating? If so, this may be the root cause.
    Many RVs are equipped with barely adequete springs, and many more are loaded heavier than their owners realize. Hardly anyone weighs their RVs despite all of the talk about it on the forums.

I am not a fan of the Sumo springs myself. Especially if the root cause hasn't been fixed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not installed yet but I got the cre3000 and wet bolts and also got Dexter to give me the next size up spring set. Even though there is one less flat spring on the new set it is supposed to hold more weight and set up a bit higher I will post with picks when I'm able to do so. Past surgery want allow me to do this type of work yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast