User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Rob, sorry if this is stupid question, and I combine two of your posts for clarity, but how do you remove the Eternabond patch without damaging the roof? I have never tried, but that stuff feels like it is really stuck onto the roofing material.

Chris
    Chris there is a good video here on how to remove the eternabond.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl7edYJaCLE

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

I really hope Grand Design does step up and take care of you. Let us know how it goes.
    Thank you for the video link. Good information. Hope I never have to deal with removing it

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Rob,

I really hope Grand Design does step up and take care of you. Let us know how it goes.
    Thank you for the video link. Good information. Hope I never have to deal with removing it

Chris
    Thanks Chris. I hope so to and will update this post once I know the way forward. I am hoping that I don't have to remove it either.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got an email from the dealer and GD is going cover the hole under warranty. They did not offer to re-roof but due to location of the hole are going to put in another attic vent. I really wish that they would have done the re-roof but I sure can't blame them for doing it with an Attic vent. Take the trailer to the dealer May 13th and wait while they do the work and all should be good.

Very happy so far with GD and the dealer for getting me in so quick and making an appointment where I can wait for the work to be done and then be on my way.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I just got an email from the dealer and GD is going cover the hole under warranty. They did not offer to re-roof but due to location of the hole are going to put in another attic vent. I really wish that they would have done the re-roof but I sure can't blame them for doing it with an Attic vent. Take the trailer to the dealer May 13th and wait while they do the work and all should be good.

Very happy so far with GD and the dealer for getting me in so quick and making an appointment where I can wait for the work to be done and then be on my way.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

This is the usually factory remedy. They cut the roof membrane to remove the debris and then cover the hole with an "attic vent". I have a "nail pop" under my roof membrane that I am keeping an eye on. (I have the attic vent . . . provided by GD at a rally . . . ready to go). If this looks like it it is going to break through the membrane, I will likely remove the screw and go with either an eternabond patch or a Dicor self-levelling repair . . . rather than the "random" attic vent.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Rob,

This is the usually factory remedy. They cut the roof membrane to remove the debris and then cover the hole with an "attic vent". I have a "nail pop" under my roof membrane that I am keeping an eye on. (I have the attic vent . . . provided by GD at a rally . . . ready to go). If this looks like it it is going to break through the membrane, I will likely remove the screw and go with either an eternabond patch or a Dicor self-levelling repair . . . rather than the "random" attic vent.

(another) Rob
    Hi Rob,

I have a few other places closer to the back of the trailer that look similar to the one that has broken through, just no hole right now. I will have the dealer look at those too while I am there. For this one I am OK with the attic vent but agree with you that if I end up with another one I think I will remove whatever is under there and use Eternabond with Dicor around the edges.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a soft spot in my 2018 Solitude roof, 15 months old. I was frustrated with their recommendation to check the roof every couple of months. I had a Flex Armor roof with lifetime warranty. They also mounted my new solar panels. Still working on the solar 315 watts per panel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	19976

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HankCharp View Post
    I found a soft spot in my 2018 Solitude roof, 15 months old. I was frustrated with their recommendation to check the roof every couple of months. I had a Flex Armor roof with lifetime warranty. They also mounted my new solar panels. Still working on the solar 315 watts per panel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	19976
    That looks great! If I ever have to replace my roof, that’s what I’ll go with.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I traded our Momentum in for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. A little over 2 weeks ago my dealer (Paul Evert's Coburg, Oregon) service manager called me and said; oh, by the way, we are replacing your roof and rand Design has already authorized it. The supplies are on the way.
    I said WHAT. I hadn't noticed anything wrong except for a few extra patches of goop here and there.

I called GD and sure enough, I'm getting a new roof. They would not authorize Roof Armor (darn).

I picked up the Solitude this morning. The roof looks real good. It has been in the 80's here, which is very rare for May so the roof material was puobably extra pliable for the installer. I had mad sure that all the supplies were in before dropping off the rig Monday morning.

It's probable a good thing, being the 374 Solitude has been sitting in Fresno in the sun for over a year.

All is good, except for no RV Armor Roof. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not want to have my roof replaced if I saw a small hole like the OP. The eternabond will seal it permanently. Similar to a new car that received a stone chip on the front windshield the first week of ownership. Had it repaired because the risk of a leaking windshield after replacement is higher than leaving it alone. Van had 200,000 miles and the original windshield with the repair when I sold it (never cracked more and never leaked). Same with your roof - As soon as you have someone remove everything and replace it your chances of it leaking are higher versus if you repair it with eternabond (assuming it does not leak now).

If you do see something rub through the eternbond, remove it - although eternabond is much thicker than the roof membrane and the adhesive will keep the patch from moving or rubbing ....

For the future, maybe use a little bit of lap sealant and then cover with eternabond if something similar happens elsewhere. Bet it is a staple that worked its way loose or maybe a metal brace poking from the end of the roof truss?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast