User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    I would not want to have my roof replaced if I saw a small hole like the OP. The eternabond will seal it permanently. Similar to a new car that received a stone chip on the front windshield the first week of ownership. Had it repaired because the risk of a leaking windshield after replacement is higher than leaving it alone. Van had 200,000 miles and the original windshield with the repair when I sold it (never cracked more and never leaked). Same with your roof - As soon as you have someone remove everything and replace it your chances of it leaking are higher versus if you repair it with eternabond (assuming it does not leak now).

If you do see something rub through the eternbond, remove it - although eternabond is much thicker than the roof membrane and the adhesive will keep the patch from moving or rubbing ....

For the future, maybe use a little bit of lap sealant and then cover with eternabond if something similar happens elsewhere. Bet it is a staple that worked its way loose or maybe a metal brace poking from the end of the roof truss?
    The dealer removed the eternabond, cut a hole and added an attic vent yesterday. Very happy with the repair. Said it was a bent over staple that pushed it's way through. They also took pictures of the other sections where there is something underneath so that it is documented should I run into an issue in the future. This was all covered by GD under warranty. I was concerned about having the dealer replace the roof but if GD would have paid for Roof Armour I would have preferred that but I have read hear that they wouldn't do that for someone else that did need their roof replaced so I am happy with the approach that they took.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you were able to fix the issue with the staple and then have it repaired. I have seen lots of campers with attic vents - those are a good thing to have anyway to keep air circulating in the cavity above the insulation much like a stick-built house's roof.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a picture or link to these "attic vents" you all speak of?

Thinking about adding a couple since mine didn't come with them and I'm sure the heat would love to get out!

Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Does anyone have a picture or link to these "attic vents" you all speak of?

Thinking about adding a couple since mine didn't come with them and I'm sure the heat would love to get out!

Thanks
    This is what Layzee Acres put on as the second attic vent on my trailer. Identical to the original that the 297 RSTS came with. My guess is that your Momentum has them as well.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Automotive-...oof/B017MP1RH0

Hope that helps.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you that have or have seen the attic vents installed by GD (or SOB) from the factory, is there any rhyme or reason to location?

Edit: Obviously center side to side... trying to pick spots fore and aft. Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123