User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 351M also does this. It gets crazy hot in the bedroom running the propane furnace and the rest of the rig is a solid 10-20 degrees cooler. One way to help seems to be turning on the AC fans, that seems to move the air around the rig. Was just in the basement today with the panels down and neglected to look! Darn it. But there is warm air at all the vent, just a LOT more of it in the bedroom. I like the damper idea, that sounds like something that might be worth doing.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours has serious heat on furnace in the bathroom, and the heat pump cooks the kitchen, even with the kitchen vents closed. At some point I'll start blocking vents to try and balance the air flows.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I scoped the ducts as far as I could which was only about4-5’ and couldn’t see a crush that would block flow. Our bathroom vent is on a 2” duct and bedroom is 4”. Our unit going to dealer in the morning for sewer stink which should be the air vent/valve others have mentioned. I am also reporting the major heat issue in the bedroom. I will report what they find whenever I get it back.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any luck getting this resolved? We are having the same problem with our 2020 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I have been working with GD customer service on this and other issues with my 351M. Scheduled for service February 4th. Hopefully they will come up with a fix. I really believe it’s just poorly engineered.
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 351M
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW CC 8 ft bed, B&W Companion hitch
    2018 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
    2019 KTM 790 Adventure

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope they get it fixed. Keep us posted.
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L PSD, Air Lift 5000, B&W Companion
    2001 GL1800

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update; I dropped off my 351m at the for the sewer smell and the heat issue. Sewer stink was the "air valve" under bathroom sink. Dealer said the heater duct run from the heater to the bedroom was very short, obvious since they are so close together. So the fix was to lengthen the duct a few feet to balance the flow output. They said the output is now equalized and the rest of the trailer should heat more evenly also. I have not picked the unit up but I will definitely check it out this weekend. Sorry, I was at work while I was speaking with the dealer a few moments ago and could not stay on the line long. I don't know how much additional length was added or if this "fix" was information relayed from GD. My layman's knowledge of flow tends to believe this fix should work. As a reminder, my heat issue was too much heat in the bedroom.
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on tearing into mine this weekend. Hope that is all there is to it. Thanks for the update.
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2001 GL1800

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I used the heater this weekend to test the unit after the dealer installed a longer duct from the furnace to the bedroom per GD's recommendation. The flow of air into the bedroom is greatly reduced; good thing. The overall temperature variance is only 3 degrees between all 3 rooms; garage, main room and bedroom. Fantastic! Problem solved. Prior temps in the bedroom were almost 10 degrees hotter than main room. I do not know how long the air duct is since I never checked it beforehand. I will report on what length duct was used if I can since I will start the moving of the basement divider wall tonight.
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to work on mine today. Lots of wasted space behind the panels!
    The run from furnace to bedroom plenum is about 4 feet. I'm gonna try doubling it and see what happens.
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2001 GL1800

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast