User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that made no difference. Total of 8 ft of 4" flex hose and bedroom vent is still blowing strong. I'm goona try to put a louvered vent in the bedroom and see if it will block some of the flow
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L PSD, Air Lift 5000, B&W Companion
    2001 GL1800

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeopath View Post
    Well, that made no difference. Total of 8 ft of 4" flex hose and bedroom vent is still blowing strong. I'm goona try to put a louvered vent in the bedroom and see if it will block some of the flow
    Wow! I just came in from my shop building and it appears they added a 6' section of hose on mine. So it looks to be a total of about 10' winding everywhere like a snake. it makes a couple of 180s and a few sharp curves. Don't know if the curves slows the air some. They used a black piece of plastic as a coupler. I wonder if the coupler has a restricter in it? I will open that up tomorrow when I am back at it for the divider wall move.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a temporary fix I taped over the bedroom vent and blocked the flow by about 75% . The flow to the bathroom has increased significantly and the flow in the living area has increased slightly. I'll do a temperature variation test when I get time.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got the balance within 2 degrees. I got a plastic 4" flapper connector from HD and epoxied it shut. I then cut a 3/4" x 1" hole in it to reduce flow. This was the installed inline on the original duct going from heater to plenum. I then covered 1/2 of the inside of bedroom vent to get more flow into bathroom. After all this, the flow into living area and garage increased slightly and all seems well.
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L PSD, Air Lift 5000, B&W Companion
    2001 GL1800

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally finished my basement wall move and rearranged all the heat ducts. The dealer installed coupler for the newly extended bedroom duct was at most a 3” black peice of pvc. Looked like rv drain pipe. I removed this and added a 4” and my bedroom temp went up 5 degrees from rest of unit. So, this confirms your fix using a reducer. The addition of 5-6’ of duct was not the cure. The reduction of flow by use of some type of restrictor is the key! Hope this helps other 351m owners.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank Tamrick for all the updates. The dealer didn't bother to check this at my last visit. Very disappointed. Adding ducting seems like a good solution. I was thinking of reducing the opening at the furnace from 4" to 3" to accomplish the same thing. I'm frustrated with both GD and the dealer as this has been going on too long.
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 351M
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW CC 8 ft bed, B&W Companion hitch
    2018 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
    2019 KTM 790 Adventure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123