User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Levelers

Would Andersen Levelers work with a 26RLS without having to cut them down? Mearning are the wheels for enough apart to permit the Andersen Leveler to fit between the tires? We are picking up our tailer in a few weeks, so I can't measure them myself. We already have a trip planned and I want to make sure that we have them in time. So I'd like to order the levelers ASAP.

I am planning to use the Andersen Levelers in conjunction with the Level Mate Pro. This system seems to make leveling a trailer a tad easier. Your comments are welcome on this system. I'd appreciate some real experience with both the Level Mate Pro and the Andersen Levelers.

thanks!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you with the distance between the wheels on your trailer, but I can tell you that I used both of those products....Anderson levelers and the LM Pro. That is a "deadly" combination for getting the trailer set up and leveled......It's almost like cheating! I loved both of them and would still be using them if I hadn't traded in the trailer and bought a new Momentum 394 with auto level. I'll probably buy another Anderson leveler since I now have three axles instead of two. You'll love the setup for sure.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Anderson Levelers are great. We use them in conjunction with a pin box level. If your center to center distance on your axles is 35" you won't have to shorten the levelers. Carry some plywood pieces in case the ground is soft under the levelers.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would look at the Beech Lane levelers as I think they are better than the Andersons. I think they are rated for a larger load and maybe more durable.

If you already have the Andersons no need to get the Beech Lanes.

If you are getting the LevelMate Pro II be sure it has the power switch on the bottom. The older units did not have the power switch, though it is not difficult to put a power switch on the LevelMate.

There may be times you need something to provide a more stable surface for the Beech Lanes. I have had my RV on sandy surface, and trying to level the wheels pushed them along. On regular surfaces they work like a dream.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was probably going with the Beech Lane Levelers, I just figured that more people were familiar with the Andersen version.

I learned that the tires (ST225/75R15) on my Transcend 26RLS are 4" apart, so these levers should fit...Right?? The levelers are 4" high, 6" wide and 15".

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm, that might be kinda tight. You may have to trim one a couple inches. Should be easy to do with a hack saw or saber saw.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Andersons and they are great. What makes the Beech Lane better? I've never heard of them. I'm also thinking about purchasing the Level Mate just to make the job easier.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    I would look at the Beech Lane levelers as I think they are better than the Andersons. I think they are rated for a larger load and maybe more durable.

If you already have the Andersons no need to get the Beech Lanes.

If you are getting the LevelMate Pro II be sure it has the power switch on the bottom. The older units did not have the power switch, though it is not difficult to put a power switch on the LevelMate.

There may be times you need something to provide a more stable surface for the Beech Lanes. I have had my RV on sandy surface, and trying to level the wheels pushed them along. On regular surfaces they work like a dream.
    X2 on the Beech Lane levelers. We broke three of the Andersens before switching to the Beech Lanes - they're made of a much tougher resin.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    ...my Transcend 26RLS are 4" apart...The levelers are 4" high, 6" wide and 15".
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceB View Post
    ...What makes the Beech Lane better? I've never heard of them. I'm also thinking about purchasing the Level Mate just to make the job easier.
    I have not used the Andersens but I have seen them used by others and I have seen them in stores. The difference in weight rating is 5,000#, with the Beech Lane rating of 35,000#. Price between the units is about $10 for a pair.

I check the user ratings on both and interestingly both have about the same negative and positive ratings per capita as the other. Reading the content of the negative ratings a fair percentage of both are probably user errors. Both Andersen and Beech Lane seem to have good manufacturer support.

I will tell you using the Beech Lane on river sand is problematic, but according to user reports so does the Andersen. Both manufactures now include mats to reduce this problem. With the Beech Lane anything resembling a reasonable surface yielded great results especially with the Level Mate Pro II.

I THINK the Beech Lane's are larger and may be more resistant to problems caused by gravel. It is also not the distance between the wheels that is ultra critical. Because these are curved levelers as the wheels roll onto them as long as they clear the space between the tires you do not need to shorten them.

Both are remarkably similar. I would get the Beech Lane if I were buying for the first time.

The big reason to get either of these is the Levelmate Pro. Using this combo you can level left and right in just a few minutes. Once you have disconnected from the TV (and the Levelmate remembers how high the tongue was when you disconnected) you can hold your phone in your hand and run the jack up and down until you get fore/aft level. Super, super cool.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Mmm, that might be kinda tight. You may have to trim one a couple inches. Should be easy to do with a hack saw or saber saw.
    I'm afraid you may be right, So I'm going to hold off until we have the trailer. If they do fit, I'll buy the Beech Lane.

Thanks for your input!