User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level .5 degree nose low, 2019 303 RLS

Hi, I have a new 2019 303 rls currently on my shakedown trip at the Oregon Coast. After I perform auto level, panel says “successful” but is about a half degree nose low, very noticeable inside. This is being done on a very nice flat and level concrete pad. This is my first RV with an auto leveling system, is it pretty easy to calibrate? How do I do it?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the bag of manuals that came with your camper there is a book for the ground control 3.0, this should have the info you need in it.
    I have not had to do this so I am not familiar with the process.

Brian

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manual has the procedure to set the “zero point calibration” on page 19

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Solitude does the same thing , but with hydraulic system. I believe yours has electric jacks. I just bump the front up a bit after auto. Have considered setting front high and doing a recal on it to see if that will do it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never noticed but can you do manual on just 1 side? Say curb side front, or curb side rear separately? Haven't moved it enough! Lol
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Never noticed but can you do manual on just 1 side? Say curb side front, or curb side rear separately? Haven't moved it enough! Lol
    On the Solitude/Momentum with the hydraulic "LevelUp" system you can adjust the sides, up or down, independently. I believe you can do the same with the electric jacks using the Ground Control 3.0 system. On the Solitude/LevelUp system go into the "manual mode" and then push "left" or "right" or "front" or "rear" to raise that side/end. If you select the "retract" button (red light beside it will illuminate" then the side/end it will lower that side/end. All of these are limited by the length of stroke on the jack. On very uneven ground I often have to put block under the low side jacks to have enough stroke. On level ground, the jacks on my trailer will lift all four wheels off the ground (not recommended practice).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't already , download the Lippert app to your phone or tablet. It has operation and diagnostics on most systems. It's a bit cumbersome but the info is there. myLCI
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 3350 S Class ground control 3.0 (electric) when the auto level is done it gets the tilt (side to side) and angle (front to back) to 0.0 or 0.1. I haven't had to re calibrated it yet.

When we uncouple, we check to see it if its close to being level side to side, then drop the landing gear at least 6 holes over wood blocks, then on the controller using the "Front" button to extend the landing gear just till the pin plate and hitch plate separate. At this point its nose high. Unlatch the hitch, pull the truck out. We check to see if we need blocks under any of the mid and rear jacks then select auto level on the controller, she does her thing in @ 3-4 minutes depending on how far the jacks have to come down.

The auto reconnect feature has worked pretty well so far, retracts all of the jacks and positions the landing gear and pin the right height for coupling.
    I have also done it a different way by just selecting the "Retract Rear Jacks" and once the mid and rear jacks are all retracted I select auto reconnect and it positions the front landing gear to the right height for reconnecting the 5th hitch hitch. So far its been right on.

The wife and I are getting pretty good at hitching the 5th wheel. Seems we get faster each time re-coupling and since we are getting faster we think we have forgot something. Of course I don't put all my trust in the controller getting the pin height right for re coupling, so I back into the pin slowly using the truck bed back up camera and stop right before the pin plate and the hitch plate meet, then the wife checks to make sure the pin height is correct (pin plate a little lower than the hitch plate so it rides up and in), if so gives me thumbs up, release the brake a little and let her idle back into the coupling and watch in the truck bed camera the companion locking latch close. The leveling system has got it right so far.

Additional, after coupling, verifying the companion latch is closed & padlock the latch, make sure pin is captured by the jaws, retract landing gear @ 1/2 inch off blocks, pull test, then select retract front jacks, pull the landing gear pins and slide them up and re-pin.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-15-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    The manual has the procedure to set the “zero point calibration” on page 19

Thanks too easy and really should have looked at the manuals before even posting this...even though I'm not a Millenial (I'm a Gen X), I am becoming just like them with my lack of desire to read...LOL Actually I should have checked Youtube first...what was I thinking??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    My Solitude does the same thing , but with hydraulic system. I believe yours has electric jacks. I just bump the front up a bit after auto. Have considered setting front high and doing a recal on it to see if that will do it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Yep yep....I could just deal with the .5 degree nose low auto level provides then bump up front jacks manually which I did during my last trip...but hopefully the re-cal procedure posted by Jerry in this thread will work as advertised and get me back to one touch auto-level to perfect level. Enjoy that Solitude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast