Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response Howard. The unit was shipped to Lazy Days here in Tampa w every option including the 2AC units. According to our salesmen it has “an energy management system” to keep it from overloading? We pretty new to RV’ing but I do understand the 30amp vs 50 amp struggles. Our course wife doesn’t get it at all and keeps popping her own circuit if ya know what I mean
    Just wish GD would have it a 50 plain and simple.
    Thank you kindly,

Don

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darvin01 View Post
    Thanks for the response Howard. The unit was shipped to Lazy Days here in Tampa w every option including the 2AC units. According to our salesmen it has “an energy management system” to keep it from overloading? We pretty new to RV’ing but I do understand the 30amp vs 50 amp struggles. Our course wife doesn’t get it at all and keeps popping her own circuit if ya know what I mean
    Just wish GD would have it a 50 plain and simple.
    Thank you kindly,

Don
    As was suggested by another member, call Grand Design Customer Service and ask if your unit is miswired. To my knowledge every other coach with 2 a/c units has 50A service.

I'm not an electrical engineer (like many on this forum!) but I *think* changing from 30A to 50A may be as simple as replacing the outside electrical connector, the short run of wire from that connector to your circuit breaker panel, and then the circuit breaker panel itself. From there it's a simple matter of dividing up the circuits so there is a balance across the lines.

Hopefully @jkwilson or one of the other truly knowledgeable individuals in this area will chime in.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darvin01 View Post
    Thank you for the response. We agree. The unit arrived from the factory w every option available, including 2 AC units on 30 amp.
    Even had the AC’s units off today at Fort Wilderness and still popped the circuit making coffee, toast and microwave for instant oatmeal, tv was on and interior lights as well though. I’m making it work but the glamping wife is getting tired of it
    I think you need to call your dealer and then Gran Design , have your vin # when you call GD. Hopefully they can clear this mess up. I do not believe a trailer ordered with 2 a/c units is not 50 amp, something must have happened somewhere.
    Please keep us posted.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow, I have just seen this thread!

I would really like to know what if anything OP, or anyone else, might have learned from Grand Design, as I am (or at least was) about to buy a 28G with 2 AC units.

Edit to add: I found this trying to decide where to post a question about the Momentum G class travel trailers. Was going to ask 25G vs 28G, so anyone has comments about either, I would appreciate hearing.
    Last edited by Camper4871; 05-07-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,
    We've spoken with GD at length about our concerns. Let me say this, they have been great! Customer service is second to none in regards to answering questions etc...I think they've realized that going w the 30 AMP service was a mistake; even our old 2800 BH had 50 amp service. It's been difficult to run the 2 AC's units here in Florida. Forget running the microwave or coffee at the same time. That being said, they are coming out with a 29G unit later this year that will have a second bath and a separate garage area, it will be a travel trailer as well. Lack of storage has been another concern for us. Not much in lieu of outside storage. I would go with the 25G unless you really want the small couch. My wife would have rather gone w the kitchen counter lol. Outside of that we would purchase a GD product again, just one w 50 amp service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12