User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout Aluminum Skirt Replacement

Didn't pay enough attention when I backed the Solitude in beside the house and parked. Ran slideout out into the central air unit and broke the plastic end trim piece, bent and tore 2 holes in the aluminum skirt. I checked parts numbers with GD. Then got price on skirt, trim piece and shipping from dealer.

Now, what I am hoping for is to find someone who know exactly how the skirt is attached. Crawling around underneat and looking at everything I can find, it appers the screws through the trim pieces on each end, the screws in the braces at the bottom and the screws thought the belt trim at the top of the skirt are what holds it in place. I figure the belt trim piece is held in place by fasteners under the aluminum skirt up high where I can't see them. Any and all help appreciated.

Lee173

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee173 View Post
    Didn't pay enough attention when I backed the Solitude in beside the house and parked. Ran slideout out into the central air unit and broke the plastic end trim piece, bent and tore 2 holes in the aluminum skirt. I checked parts numbers with GD. Then got price on skirt, trim piece and shipping from dealer.

Now, what I am hoping for is to find someone who know exactly how the skirt is attached. Crawling around underneat and looking at everything I can find, it appers the screws through the trim pieces on each end, the screws in the braces at the bottom and the screws thought the belt trim at the top of the skirt are what holds it in place. I figure the belt trim piece is held in place by fasteners under the aluminum skirt up high where I can't see them. Any and all help appreciated.

Lee173
    I have the same issue--closed the slide with a chair stored under it. Hoping to fix DIY. Looks to me like the top of the skirting is held in place with phillips head screws through the belt trim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    I have the same issue--closed the slide with a chair stored under it. Hoping to fix DIY. Looks to me like the top of the skirting is held in place with phillips head screws through the belt trim.
    The skirting and the belt/trim rail are separate pieces. Remove the screws and pull down on the skirt to remove. During manufacturing the belt rail is stapled to the coach, skirting is slid into position and screws are added.

The following is a photo of the belt rail. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outside trim.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	19526
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    The skirting and the belt/trim rail are separate pieces. Remove the screws and pull down on the skirt to remove. During manufacturing the belt rail is stapled to the coach, skirting is slid into position and screws are added.

The following is a photo of the belt rail. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outside trim.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	19526
    So then, remove the screws, remove the old skirt, slide the new skirt up under the belt rail, and replace the screws?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    So then, remove the screws, remove the old skirt, slide the new skirt up under the belt rail, and replace the screws?
    Yes, very simple.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds double. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the foam strip that is taped into place behind the aluminum panel. Previous owner suffered and major blow out and the foam block and tape were damaged. Can these items be purchased outside of Grand Design? Does it perform a specific purpose or just noise/vibration control?