User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep telling my partner that I am going to change out the elec. fire place for a Blue Flame, but may a gas fire place would work.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    If I needed extra heat I'd probably go the full Monty and just put in a small pellet stove. Extra fuel source is a down side but a bag would heat for a long time. I despise having to get propane.
    We stumbled on this video of a pellet stove in an Aliner, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFb6gU6EcEU
    it caught my attention because our son is still camping in our old 98 Aliner
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We stumbled on this video of a pellet stove in an Aliner, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFb6gU6EcEU
    It's not an obvious choice, but it is a good one. If i were to need better heating I'd go that route. Not a huge fan of the included RV furnace and I wouldn't want a ventless propane fireplace in such a small house. If I'm installing a vent anyway I might as well go pellet. Assuming the space constraints work out
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Whittleburner,

Here is part 1 of 3 on the pellet stove.

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3XOLLg8wn0

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These discussions are why I purchased a chinese diesel heater. The one I purchased is a Happy Buy 8000kw which equates to around 20k btu's. It will run on 2.5 gallons of diesel for around 30 hours, has a thermostat and you can vary the heat output. It is a forced air heater that uses ducting and vents to the exterior through the bottom of the floor. I am thinking about installing this in the front storage area and using it to supply heat to the under belly and storage areas. If I heat the front storage area, heat will go up to the front cap that is a cold spot too. I will also add some insulation to the front storage area because there isn't any there now. Now I just need to get motivated and install it. I have bench tested this unit and it works very well and uses a small amount of 12v power.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted and Olympian Wave 6 heater in the garage area or our Momentum and a CO detector and have never had a problem in four years. It is vent less and uses very little propane
    2007 Volvo 780 VNL Trailersaver Hitch
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2015 Polaris RZR 900S Voodoo Blue
    2017 Polaris RZR S1000 Matte Black
    2019 Polaris RZR S1000 Titanium Matte
    3 Yamaha Banshee's 2-Honda 400 EX's
    Honda 250EX 2016 Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    These discussions are why I purchased a chinese diesel heater. The one I purchased is a Happy Buy 8000kw which equates to around 20k btu's. It will run on 2.5 gallons of diesel for around 30 hours, has a thermostat and you can vary the heat output. It is a forced air heater that uses ducting and vents to the exterior through the bottom of the floor. I am thinking about installing this in the front storage area and using it to supply heat to the under belly and storage areas. If I heat the front storage area, heat will go up to the front cap that is a cold spot too. I will also add some insulation to the front storage area because there isn't any there now. Now I just need to get motivated and install it. I have bench tested this unit and it works very well and uses a small amount of 12v power.
    Sounds like a great heater, do you have to vent the exhaust to the outside?
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123