User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know why - maybe because you've been around for so long - I thought y'all were already full-timers! The best advice I can give is to not leave a bunch of stuff in storage (like we did ). The old joke is: The first time full-timers go back by their storage unit after hitting the road, they raise the door, look in, and exclaim, "Whose cr@p is this and how did it get in our storage unit!"

Safe travels and best of luck.

Rob
    There will be no storage unit.
    Most of the time the price of the storage unit after only 1 year will be more then the price of what's in the storage unit.

Oct 2015 for me here on the forum and you at July of 2014. Grand Design was just barely born back then.
    I've been watching you and a few other long-timer's here on the form; learning from what has been shared.

It's cheaper and easier to learn from someone else's mistakes. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone, I sold my sticks and bricks in July of this year and am now full-timing from Alabama. I am in a Solitude 345GK-R and have zero regrets! I absolutely love this life; however, I realize there are numerous things I need to learn before my big trip to Washington State this summer. I currently stay at full hook-ups only; on my way West I know I will not always have that. My rig is prepped for a generator, but I have no idea which generator to purchase. If you have any suggestion- I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Also, if anyone has any favorite stops off I20 please let me know. I am taking an L shaped route to Washington so I can see all my siblings along the way...Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, then Washington.
    Looking forward to learning from this site...Just a newbie who is eager to learn!
    Jeanette
    Loving my Solitude 345GK-R
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRandall View Post
    Hello everyone, I sold my sticks and bricks in July of this year and am now full-timing from Alabama. I am in a Solitude 345GK-R and have zero regrets! I absolutely love this life; however, I realize there are numerous things I need to learn before my big trip to Washington State this summer. I currently stay at full hook-ups only; on my way West I know I will not always have that. My rig is prepped for a generator, but I have no idea which generator to purchase. If you have any suggestion- I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Also, if anyone has any favorite stops off I20 please let me know. I am taking an L shaped route to Washington so I can see all my siblings along the way...Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, then Washington.
    Looking forward to learning from this site...Just a newbie who is eager to learn!
    Jeanette
    Biggest item to consider - the quietest generator you can find. We were dry camping one week and an obvious newbie showed up with his work generator and boy was it loud!

Be aware that many campground that have hookups do not allow generator use, even if they only offer 20 or 30 amp service.

Make sure you get an inverter generator such as Honda or Yamaha (couple other brands).

We have 2 Honda 2000 generators. They can be used together, but we typically only use one at at time.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 11-27-2021 at 05:26 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Biggest item to consider - the quietest generator you can find. We were dry camping one week and an obvious newbie showed up with his work generator and boy was it loud!

Be aware that many campground that have hookups do not allow generator use, even if they only offer 20 or 30 amp service.

Make sure you get an inverter generator such as Honda or Yamaha (couple other brands).

We have 2 Honda 2000 generators. They can be used together, but we typically only use one at at time.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I definitely do not want to be 'one of those' newbies I will check the Honda 2000 out.
    Loving my Solitude 345GK-R
    Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fulltime for 5 years.

The first year, we rented a spot in Fort Myers FL. At the start of the second year, we bought a lot in an RV resort in Fort Myers. We stay here during the winter and travel in the summer. We currently own a 45' Newmar Mountain Aire but we have a Momentum 351MS on order. The plan is to leave the motorhome on the lot in FL and travel in the Momentum.

When we travel, we generally pick one place and stay there for most of the summer. This year, we bought a Thousand Trails membership. The plan is to use it the month before and the month after our main summer destination.

To pull the Momentum, we have a Ford F450 Platnum on order. Hopefully, the truck and RV will be here before we leave in early April. If not... no worries, we will head out in the Newmar and pick up the new RV when it gets in.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Mike and Annie here. We started full timing 30 days ago after we sold our house in FL. So far we absolutely love the lifestyle! Best 2 upgrades we have done so far is add the Truma Aquago plus in our 372 WB/R and onboard air for the truck. Currently spending the holiday season in Long Beach visiting family.

Annie is prior Navy and I am a retired Senior Chief. We try to stay on military campgrounds when possible. Hope to see you all on the road!
    Mike & Annie
    2022 372 WB/R (Daisey)
    2021 F450 (Mamabear)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey8404 View Post
    Hi all,

Mike and Annie here. We started full timing 30 days ago after we sold our house in FL. So far we absolutely love the lifestyle! Best 2 upgrades we have done so far is add the Truma Aquago plus in our 372 WB/R and onboard air for the truck. Currently spending the holiday season in Long Beach visiting family.

Annie is prior Navy and I am a retired Senior Chief. We try to stay on military campgrounds when possible. Hope to see you all on the road!
    Welcome! Would love to see photos of your onboard air setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold everything we own except what my wife insisted go to storage (we can throw that out next year). Now living full time in a Solitude since 12/30/22. All of 21 days of experience so, of course, I'm expert at everything RV! Not!
    Gary & Debbie Johnson
    On the Road! since 01/13/2023
    2022 Solitude 345GK-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by debgary12 View Post
    Sold everything we own except what my wife insisted go to storage (we can throw that out next year). Now living full time in a Solitude since 12/30/22. All of 21 days of experience so, of course, I'm expert at everything RV! Not!
    We have been full timing for over three years. We like to go to the RV shows and help the salesmen give real answers to questions asked by potential RV buyers. It is surprising to see how little the salesmen really know. you likely have more experience than many of them !
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    We are getting closer. I think we have had 4 or 5 2 day garage sales so far. Even a "guy stuff" garage sale. Last week end we had a sale and this coming weekend too. And then another "guy stuff" garage sale the following weekend. We even had a "vinyl" sales to try and sell a lot of records.
    The real estate lady has been picked out of 4 different companies. Our house in Springfield, Oregon will go up for sale in mid October.
    We have an rv spot reserved for Nov, Dec and January close by, because my wife has picked January 31, 2022 as he final day. I retired from the company I worked for on August 6th. Fixing coin washers for almost 32 years for the same company and watching them continue to go downhill for the last 5 has not helped my attitude. I decided to pull the plug early, before they drug me down with them.
    We will be wintering on the Oregon Coast and maybe wonder up in to Washington too. We will be doing member parks, RPI and ROD; plus a Forest Service park here and there too. Maybe winter of 2022-23 we will find a workamp job on the Coast to settle into a bit.
    Summer of 2022 will be wondering east to MoRryde to get independent suspension put on the Solitude. After that; we will be visiting my wife's family in MI. We might try to get a workamp job on the way back to Oregon in SD or MT.

For now; I get to do a lot of prep work to sell the house and slowly move "stuff" into the Solitude.

Safe travels, KEN
    It's been a bit over a year since we went full time.

We did 3 workamp jobs in 2022.
    Umpqua Lighthouse giving tours in February and March 2022 (volunteer)
    Rushmore Shadows RV Resort for all of August 2022 (paid w/ free site)
    Escalante Cabins and RV Resort from Sept 10 to Nov 6th 2022 (paid w/ free site)

We got the MoRyde IS w/ disc brakes done in late June
    Visited Grand Design Factory
    Visited the RV Museum in Indiana
    Visited the Henry Ford Museum for 2 days
    Visited my wife's family for most of July in MI
    Visited my family in MN for a week in late July

On the way east we went to Custer's Last Stand
    Mt Rushmore NP
    A GD rally in May in Washington

I'm guessing between my wife and I, we took 10,000 pictures. We probably posted 1/2 or more on FB for family to follow along with us.

Umpqua Lighthouse view the only the tour guides can see.

Washington Grand Design Rally

1915 Model T

Sturgis downtown

While workamping we went down into Bryce Canyon for a 4 mile hike w/ lots of down and UP.

So very cool to be retires. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast