User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    There will be no storage unit.
    Most of the time the price of the storage unit after only 1 year will be more then the price of what's in the storage unit.

Oct 2015 for me here on the forum and you at July of 2014. Grand Design was just barely born back then.
    I've been watching you and a few other long-timer's here on the form; learning from what has been shared.

It's cheaper and easier to learn from someone else's mistakes. KEN
    Fully agree. We’ve been at it almost 9 years and while we did not rent a storage unit, we did keep 14 Rubbermaid tubs in a family members attic. We decided last year to get them, which primarily contained crafts my wife couldn’t let go of and some family memorabilia. About 70% of that went in the trash. Most won’t believe it, but if you truly are full-timers, let the kiddos and other family members get what they want, digitize photos etc you’ll want to keep, then let the rest go. Truth is the stuff you keep is to pass down, and if the kids didn’t want it to begin with, they won’t want it later.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the little over the two years we have been fulltiming, our experience and the things we think are important would be,

* First, ensure you have a fulltiming plan, have everything in order for your domicile, financial, insurance health and vehicle, prescriptions, USPS mail and so forth.
    *Second, learn all you can about the systems in your RV, electrical AC and DC, plumbing, leveling, suspension and so forth. Things will break on the road, learn how to get by until things get repaired and then if you can, repair them yourself.
    * Third, things will happen, stay calm, don't freak out, stay flexible, and stay focused on resolving the problem. Don't blame fulltime RV living for your problems.
    *Forth, have a budget and keep a close eye on it. For most fulltimers you're really not on an extended vacation, your living on the road. Find ways of reducing the cost of fulltiming. Like was said try work camping, cook more than eating out. Stay longer in one place rather than moving every few days. Better rates, less stress than always packing up moving. Keep a separate savings just for repairs to your RV and tow vehicle.
    * Fifth, do things to make sure you enjoy life while fulltiming, the freedom, the excitement of living in different places. Embrace the challenge and experience of living where ever you are. Do everything you can to reduce the stress of everyday fulltime living, if you are always stressed out you will not enjoy it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what happened, it posted twice.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a retired Navy Chief, I'm also a retired DIA Officer, and currently a Certified Mobile RV Technician. We've been full-time since September 2021. My wife KZ and I retired out of Tampa, FL. We sold our house, bought a 2021 F-450 King Ranch, and began traveling in our 2022 Momentum 376THS-R. I decided that Stealships would not either be able to or able to properly service my RV, so I decided to become a certified RV technician through the NRVTA and did so in January 2022. Following that training, I decided to start a mobile tech business really to help others along the way and maybe get a tax write-off here and there. Since then, we've traveled from Tampa weaving our way through the South to Arizona, then up to Washington State, across the Northern States, and back to Tampa. Hurricane Ian ran us out of Florida in September and with our granddaughter getting married in May, we decided to sit for a while in Oklahoma City. My feet are getting itchy again for the road, so as soon as this wedding is over, we'll be back on the road.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Fully agree. We’ve been at it almost 9 years and while we did not rent a storage unit, we did keep 14 Rubbermaid tubs in a family members attic. We decided last year to get them, which primarily contained crafts my wife couldn’t let go of and some family memorabilia. About 70% of that went in the trash. Most won’t believe it, but if you truly are full-timers, let the kiddos and other family members get what they want, digitize photos etc you’ll want to keep, then let the rest go. Truth is the stuff you keep is to pass down, and if the kids didn’t want it to begin with, they won’t want it later.
    Alan
    The post you quoted is a year old. We are kicking back at the Oregon Coast for the winter. We are staying at our members park, so it's very inexpensive.

We tried to get the kids to take things before we sold everything. Nothing was taken. We gave them the things we thought they "should have" for Christmas presents.

We are packing around 40 or 50 pounds of pictures. Luckily; we have 3 axles, so we are not overloaded.

We will be heading up into Washington in the middle of March and staying in the NW until after the 4th of July ( WA Rally ). After that; we are headed towards Yellowstone and Glacier area. Hoping to fine a workamp job in that area.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, We have just started full timing in our 2022 Solitude 372WB. We will be stationary for the next 5 years on our property with family while we start a business and reorganize our lives. Going from 2000 sqft to 400 has it's challenges and so far we are doing well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Young View Post
    Hi everyone, We have just started full timing in our 2022 Solitude 372WB. We will be stationary for the next 5 years on our property with family while we start a business and reorganize our lives. Going from 2000 sqft to 400 has it's challenges and so far we are doing well.
    Seeing it's your first post, Welcome to the group and congrats on the rig and going FT. It's also our plan in a few years.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. It's a little surreal to post in a forum created 9 years ago. Where was I back then? Well. Time marches on.
    I'm starting a new adventure. Brand new to FT and the whole experience. Last time I went anywhere in an rv I was about 6. Either I'm brave, desperate or crazy. Truth? All that and more.
    I bought my 2022 Momentum 25G in February. Packed up my apartment, put most of my junk in storage, hitched up my truck and drove Milwaukee, WI to Clearwater, FL. Since then I've reassessed the term "necessary."
    I'm solo, single (divorced), not-quite-empty nest (15yo living with Dad at the moment - not my idea) and trying to start a new business that can thrive on the road.
    What could possibly go wrong? Lol! But even if this turns into nothing more than a "learning experience" I'm going to give it a real chance. I wanted to do this with my family. That didn't work out, but there's nothing standing in my way now except my own doubts. So, I'm giving those cynical thoughts the proverbial finger and preparing to see the world. Or at least as much of it as I can before I run out of money, moxie or driveable miles. Whichever happens first, I'll make some great memories first.
    Here's to the roads not taken, yet. Cheers!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jo Ann and I have been full-timing for 10 years now. Until January, we were in a 1993 Foretravel U300 motorhome. We sold that to a gentleman from The Netherlands and bought our Reflection. We're retired teachers. We've done some Habitat For Humanity RV Care-A-Vanner projects and a few Laborers For Christ projects. Laborers has gone away, though. We may do some Habitat builds again, or maybe not. We generally do a few months of campground hosting.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone.

Lord willing, my family of 4 will begin our full-time living in our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS in a couple months. We plan to tour around our beautiful country 8 to 10 months out of the year then park (with a full hookup) on my sister's land in Idaho. I look forward to feedback and advice via these forums.

Here's some info about us:
    Me, my wife, and two kids. Wife and two kids are emigrating here from the Philippines (I've been here since 1981) and have been living in less than 300 sq. ft. poor-condition place. So, they are use to small spaces already. They are also very petite ladies. The 5th wheel will already be a upgrade for them.

I've lived in a 2,500 sq. ft. house most of my life but grew up in the Philippines and go there often. So, I'm use to doing with less and actually prefer it.

I do my entire business from home (laptop and a second screen is all I need) during normal work hours. The kids would be doing online college for the first couple years. My wife creates crafts to sell online.

I thought that the best way to immerse them into the United States is to actually see the states and meet the peopl rather than being stuck in one state.

Eventually, we will likely get a small dog to travel with us.

THE PLAN:
    Each trip would be 9 to 10 months long staying at different places for at least two weeks at a time. We would then tour the surrounding areas to experience the "local vibes" and scenery. We would return to my sister's property in Idaho which will have a full hookup for us in a RV driveway built just for us. It will be a few yards away from a second house on her property built for visitors which we could use when it's not occupied.

The RV and vehicle:
    We purchased a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS (two bed rooms) pulled by a 2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually.

As a project to keep the kids busy and learning, we plan plan to post videos online of their experience as they tour this beautiful country of ours.

See you on the road!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast