User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Vickie Herr
    Peter and Vickie herr.Just got a Solitude 37.9 FL. We are fulltimeers . Have an issue with the door wherd the hose comes out of the water hookup. How do you. Keep it from banging?

aktravler
    My coach had the same issue, there is supposed to be a hatch in the bottom of that water compartment to bring the hose and TV cable through so you can close the door when you are hooked up!

Vickie Herr

water compartment,

Quote Originally Posted by aktravler View Post
    My coach had the same issue, there is supposed to be a hatch in the bottom of that water compartment to bring the hose and TV cable through so you can close the door when you are hooked up!
    . There is thank you so much!

Footloose & Anchor Free
    My husband Doug and I entered our third year of full timing this past summer and love the lifestyle! We started our journey from SW Florida with a Keystone Raptor TH. In January (14) we traded it for a Reflection 293 RES, a whole four feet shorter than our TH, but more living space. Our Harley Davidson Ultra Glide sleeps in our separate enclosed 25' foot V-nose. Yes, we tandem tow...Doug tows the 'house' with a 1999 Ford F-350 diesel and I tow the 'garage' with a 2006 Ford F-150. We use walkie talkies during trips, which are great help. We are also workampers. We've volunteered at a state park, worked at Amazon.com a couple of seasons, a campground and a RV resort. There's such a variety of places that need workampers. It's a great way to enjoy life, see this country and meet new friends. We're lovin' life on the road.

Ditkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Footloose & Anchor Free View Post
    My husband Doug and I entered our third year of full timing this past summer and love the lifestyle! We started our journey from SW Florida with a Keystone Raptor TH. In January (14) we traded it for a Reflection 293 RES, a whole four feet shorter than our TH, but more living space. Our Harley Davidson Ultra Glide sleeps in our separate enclosed 25' foot V-nose. Yes, we tandem tow...Doug tows the 'house' with a 1999 Ford F-350 diesel and I tow the 'garage' with a 2006 Ford F-150. We use walkie talkies during trips, which are great help. We are also workampers. We've volunteered at a state park, worked at Amazon.com a couple of seasons, a campground and a RV resort. There's such a variety of places that need workampers. It's a great way to enjoy life, see this country and meet new friends. We're lovin' life on the road.
    OMG!!!! What a great idea! Not necessary because of our toys, but because I HATE the way Dave drives! Hmmm....a whole world of possibilities has opened up :-)

Footloose & Anchor Free
    It's working out great for us so far. We started out with an open trailer, but after watching our motorcycles get weathered one summer even when they were covered with bike covers, it was more than my husband could tolerate. We started shopping for enclosed trailers. Got a great deal last summer in Michigan on a Legend V-Nose. It was built as a snow mobile trailer, but all the better for us as it has three doors. We spent a little more than half of what we were quoted in Florida last winter. We're pretty tickled with it.

Ditkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Footloose & Anchor Free View Post
    It's working out great for us so far. We started out with an open trailer, but after watching our motorcycles get weathered one summer even when they were covered with bike covers, it was more than my husband could tolerate. We started shopping for enclosed trailers. Got a great deal last summer in Michigan on a Legend V-Nose. It was built as a snow mobile trailer, but all the better for us as it has three doors. We spent a little more than half of what we were quoted in Florida last winter. We're pretty tickled with it.
    We had the same issue with our open trailer. We ended up with a car trailer.....a little overkill, but we can haul 4 Harley's if we need to......

icurn40

looking to buy a solitude

Quote Originally Posted by ter88nrth View Post
    Full time in colder temperatures for 6 weeks now , will see if we can ride out the winter, so far all is well except bedroom slide out and windows not well suited for colder weather, working on solution to cut down drafts, happy camping will let you know how solitude stands up through the winter months in Canada

I have been researching 5th wheels between solitude, montana and jayco. I want to make a good decision in my buy but I am not sure which brand to get. I like the solitude. My wife and I will be full timers. I don't know anything about RV. I bought a use 5th W. and l made a mistake because it has water leaks and other issues. can you give me a suggestion.
    Thank you.

Straycats
    My husband and I have been full-timers for three years now. Started out with a TH and just purchased a Solitude 369RL. Absolutely love it! Grand Design designers did a excellent job of use of space, tasteful interior cabinetry and colors, comfort features with the residential size refrigerator, fireplace, huge pantry, no carpet in the living area and kitchen, nice size TV, stereo system and sooooo much storage space. Only issue we have is the dishwasher, it appears someone forgot to turn the valve on for water to pump in. With our Dutchman TH we had a list of 30+problems.

Our method of travel is to volunteer or workkamp in an area for 6 months at a time. Gives us a chance to explore, meet the locals who become friends, become part of the community, and we learn about the places "tourist" never see. We started out as camp hosts, but now we do boat inspections, drive a water taxi at a harbor, docent at National Parks, lighthouses, historical sites etc. Some positions are paid and some we just volunteer at. We have lived right on the Pacific Ocean, on high mountain lakes in Colorado, in the middle of no where next to the cliffs in Sedona.

Workampers is a great site to learn where opportunities exist in the state you want to go. Also Volunteer.gov and seriously if there is a place you would like to volunteer or work at just call them up and ask what is available. That's all we did and we had no experience in anything we have done.

Now just like your lives living in a stick house there will be issues and problems. But if you stick together and work it out (and as we hear all the time) you'll be "living the dream"!!!

[/FONT]

fredandfred
    Been in ours since last October. Winter in Indiana, what a joy. Had ours delivered by dealer to this spot and it hasn't moved yet. I need to sell the F250 and need to upgrade. Heating has been expensive but at -6 it will cost you. Very comfy though.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast