Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Full Timer's Roll Call

If you are a "Full Timer", here's a thread where you can introduce yourself(s) and tell us about your experience; i.e. how long you have been full timing, about your rig and tow vehicle, and any other info you want us "dreamers" to know about you.

For all non-full timers, if you have a question for our full time members, start a new thread or if you want to comment on one of the post here, PM (private message) that individual (don't make me hit the "Delete" button ).
    Last edited by Steve and Cill; 09-26-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are currently full-timing in a Momentum 380TH. We sold our home and whatever "stuff" the kids and other family didn't want when I retired in July. We are currently at the Owners Rally in Elkhart and already picking up tips from others. We did learn a lot on the full-timing lifestyle from RV.net which has a full-timing and Toy Hauler section so that is one suggestion I'd make. We also have good friends that have been FTing for 2 years so have been able to glean some info from them. So far our Momentum has met our needs, and while we don't plan to be in extreme temperatures we did get 3 AC's installed and had tank heaters installed as well. Hopefully we'll be prepared for unforeseen and unplanned climates.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

wlesage
    Currently full-timing in our Solitude at the Scott AFB Fam Camp located just outside St Louis Mo. This 6-week stay is what we are calling our "shake down" stay since it is close to our dealer. We have identified a few minor things we are going to get fixed before we head to our next destination, Charleston SC in mid-October.

WishUponanRVStar!
    We are in our fourth year of full-timing, in our Solitude 369RL since January 2014. Love the life! We do workamping 9 months out of the year, working the summer season somewhere cool (this year near Grand Tetons National Park in Wyoming), going to Campbellsville Kentucky for the Amazon Christmas shipping season, and spending Christmas to April in Florida. Our Solitude has been a significant upgrade from our Cougar and has been a most comfortable rig to live in.

ter88nrth
    Full time in colder temperatures for 6 weeks now , will see if we can ride out the winter, so far all is well except bedroom slide out and windows not well suited for colder weather, working on solution to cut down drafts, happy camping will let you know how solitude stands up through the winter months in Canada

icurn40

looking to buy a solitude

Quote Originally Posted by ter88nrth View Post
    Full time in colder temperatures for 6 weeks now , will see if we can ride out the winter, so far all is well except bedroom slide out and windows not well suited for colder weather, working on solution to cut down drafts, happy camping will let you know how solitude stands up through the winter months in Canada

I have been researching 5th wheels between solitude, montana and jayco. I want to make a good decision in my buy but I am not sure which brand to get. I like the solitude. My wife and I will be full timers. I don't know anything about RV. I bought a use 5th W. and l made a mistake because it has water leaks and other issues. can you give me a suggestion.
    Thank you.

Straycats
    My husband and I have been full-timers for three years now. Started out with a TH and just purchased a Solitude 369RL. Absolutely love it! Grand Design designers did a excellent job of use of space, tasteful interior cabinetry and colors, comfort features with the residential size refrigerator, fireplace, huge pantry, no carpet in the living area and kitchen, nice size TV, stereo system and sooooo much storage space. Only issue we have is the dishwasher, it appears someone forgot to turn the valve on for water to pump in. With our Dutchman TH we had a list of 30+problems.

Our method of travel is to volunteer or workkamp in an area for 6 months at a time. Gives us a chance to explore, meet the locals who become friends, become part of the community, and we learn about the places "tourist" never see. We started out as camp hosts, but now we do boat inspections, drive a water taxi at a harbor, docent at National Parks, lighthouses, historical sites etc. Some positions are paid and some we just volunteer at. We have lived right on the Pacific Ocean, on high mountain lakes in Colorado, in the middle of no where next to the cliffs in Sedona.

Workampers is a great site to learn where opportunities exist in the state you want to go. Also Volunteer.gov and seriously if there is a place you would like to volunteer or work at just call them up and ask what is available. That's all we did and we had no experience in anything we have done.

Now just like your lives living in a stick house there will be issues and problems. But if you stick together and work it out (and as we hear all the time) you'll be "living the dream"!!!

[/FONT]

Harlech
    We've been fulltiming in west Texas for almost 4 months now. Bought her off the show room floor and was living in it a week later. Have had only minor issues so far and I work with my hands for a living so I have fixed everything myself so far. The only issue that I haven't gotten resolved is with the Thermostat going crazy sometimes, but waiting to hear back from GD on getting a replacement. Also had to adjust the kitchen slide but that was an easy fix. Overall I love our unit and if it weren't for the wife I would be content living here for very long stretches. But we are going to start house shopping soon, I am sure the two dogs would like a back yard too!

ter88nrth
    Yes I also seem to be having same problems with thermostat

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been FT in our 369RL since March. Very comfortable. The only thing the DH misses is his "shop". Looking at the TH now, just haven't found one that meets all my FT needs. Hoping for more Momentum floor plans.
    El Rojo's DW - Pam
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast