User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To block or not to block?

We have been full-time for a couple years and are in the process of building a new deck. Since the old deck is out of the way it seems the perfect time to block the entrance side of our 2022 solitude 390RK-R. I’ve tried to search the forum, but I’m not really finding any information about how to block our camper. We live in a resort and they will more than likely do it for us, but I’d like to find some guidelines specific to GD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	48780

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile homes are often blocked with cinder blocks and wooden wedges. You just need to make sure that everything is level and supports are evenly spaced and tightened (bearing the same load) around the frame. DO NOT put any blocks or supports under the slides - if there were to be settling of the trailer, supports under the slides can distort and damage the slide frames. They are designed to be self-supporting.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BareEssentials View Post
    We have been full-time for a couple years and are in the process of building a new deck. Since the old deck is out of the way it seems the perfect time to block the entrance side of our 2022 solitude 390RK-R. I’ve tried to search the forum, but I’m not really finding any information about how to block our camper. We live in a resort and they will more than likely do it for us, but I’d like to find some guidelines specific to GD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	48780
    We used cinder blocks on our '93 Jayco. Had the pad we were going to use fairly leveled (as much as possible - in our case a skid steer bobcat). Parked the trailer on the sweet spot of the new pad. Figured four sections for blocking either sides (directly in front of the axles and behind, and 2' from the end of the frame front and rear). Laid two blocks side by side directly under the frame leveled and then stacked the next set the opposite direction going up to the frame height wanted (without tires mounted in our case). We also ran a chain over the axles to the ground with heavy duty ground anchors incase of high winds and movement.

Our 33' Jayco with superslide sat on our lake lot this way for 3 years leveled with no problems.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is why do this? To what end? What are you trying to achieve by doing this? Other than pretty much deciding that your trailer isn't going anywhere for quite some time.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We intended it to remain in place for at least the next 20 years. So I’d like to save the hydraulics (unless that’s not necessary?) We hear it popping all the time with the temperature changes.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We intended it to remain in place for at least the next 20 years. So I’d like to save the hydraulics (unless that’s not necessary?) We hear it popping all the time with the temperature changes.
    A couple of quarts of anti-stiction fluid in the hydraulic system (pulling out the same volume of the OEM fluid) will fix the popping. That would be faster, cheaper and easier than blocking - but it's up to your personal preferences.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015