User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the GD family. Sorry to hear of your problem. The units are built and inspected by humans and sometimes, thing happen. The good news is you purchased a Grand Design. Grand Design will do everything within reason to correct your problems (Some people god can't even make happy). The axle upgrade is something I haven't heard the factory doing, may be an dealer upgrade. By if you call the service center at 574-825-9679. Have your serial number, date of purchase and dealer info ready. Let them know you are fulltime and traveling in the area of the factory, there is a good chance they will work you in. The service department has camp sites with water and power 50 and 30 amp. Also a dump station, if you ask, and they will even dump for you when they take the rig in the service bays. Little hint....be nice and friendly, the customer service person may have just gotten finished with the world's biggest idiot. I've even opened the conversation with "How's our Grand Design family doing at the factory today?" We've had service work done at GD's service center and have been very pleased. Remember GD's has and will approve other dealers and mobile service techs to work on rigs when not near your dealer. Plan on traveling to a rally and meet some of the Grand Design family, we're all adopted so you won't be out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by LMHansen56 View Post
    Hello! Ron and Lynn from New Hampshire here. We just went full time on November 1, 2018. Sold the house we built in 1978, and the family business we started in 1994, and headed south from in our little 2012 Open Range 345RL. We had Honed our search down to the 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375 after having researched dozens of manufacturers and RVs, and found the exact one we would have ordered; full body paint, upgraded axles, insulated windows, etc., on a lot in Alabama. Ordered for someone else who backed out of the deal. We anticipated the typical new rig bugs, but even our local Grand Design dealer (same large company, but dealer in different State) was astounded at the laundry list of problems we were having. Not the least of which was the fact that it did NOT have the upgraded axles that the salesperson and her manager assured us it did. We also don’t think it went through their much-touted quality control process, as there were literally dozens of fit and finish issues, some not so minor, that should have been caught in any QC program, as well as things that just plain don’t work. We are near the factory for a week or two and are hoping to take the tour and see if we can get a little help to remedy some of our issues.

Sorry about the rant, probably not the right thread for it! We do love the layout of the Solitude 375, and full timing! Will be super happy if we can get some help from Grand Design to fix our issues!
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response and helpful thoughts. We did a lot of research before purchasing GD. One of the major reasons we went with GD, aside from its quality reputation, is its amazing post-sale service reputation. We are looking forward to seeing it in action. I think our high expectation for out of the factory quality suffered when we found holes in several shades, a hole in a screen, a sizable leak under the shower door, a nail poking out of the side of our island, a cracked kitchen table, lights that don’t work, latches that don’t work, an awning installed crooked, TV cabling that doesn’t work — sadly I can go on. I really truly think it didn’t go through the QC process. How did they not catch some of these things? But again, I am anxious to see how they take care of us when we go for service. We are looking forward to a factory tour and being able to meet some of the staff there. I do very much appreciate your thoughts! I will post how I make out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s here. This Saturday (Memorial Day Weekend - UGH!) we begin our full-time lifestyle. Closing date on the sale of our home is 6/6, so we’re headed up to GA until November, then back to FL to Port St. Joe for the winter. Just doing the last minute tasks around the house (packing, etc.) and as The Great One used to say “...and away we go!”
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    It’s here. This Saturday (Memorial Day Weekend - UGH!) we begin our full-time lifestyle. Closing date on the sale of our home is 6/6, so we’re headed up to GA until November, then back to FL to Port St. Joe for the winter. Just doing the last minute tasks around the house (packing, etc.) and as The Great One used to say “...and away we go!”
    Congratulations.

We have a few more years. Maybe a year and a half. My wife likes her job and wants that extra money at 66 and 2 months.

How many garage sales did it take to get rid of all the "stuff"? KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Congratulations.

We have a few more years. Maybe a year and a half. My wife likes her job and wants that extra money at 66 and 2 months.

How many garage sales did it take to get rid of all the "stuff"? KEN
    We are putting everything with a consignment shop to sell, so that takes that off of our hands. There are a few pieces that the buyer has purchased, and there are some personal items (artwork, family heirlooms, etc) that are in storage. I’m still working but will be retiring in about 2 years (66 years and 2 months for me too).
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wife and I went full time almost exactly 12 months ago.

The only problem we’ve had with our Reflection was the water heater popped the cap on the circuit board and we had to replace it.

Incidentally this happened the day we were having our solar installed so I had them go ahead and wire the electric water heater through the inverter in case it happened again while we were dry camping in the boonies.

Reason being, when that board fails, the igniter for the LP water heater doesn’t work anymore but the electric water heater does. Problem is it runs on AC not DC. So now if we’re dry camping and run out of LP or the board blows again we’ll still be able to take a hot shower.

Funny thing is, we ordered our Reflection new from the factory because we wanted the theater seating and double-paned windows so we paid $30k for the trailer then spent another $15k on mods and upgrades!!!

The only thing I would change with the design (too late, GD quit making the 220RK) is shift the bulkhead that divides the head from the living area 2 feet forward. The trailer would still only be 28’ long, not much heavier and you could have full access to the head and cabin with the slide in. That, and make the fresh tank larger since we dry camp a lot.

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just celebrated our 1-year anniversary of full time life. Our 303RLS has been just big enough for wife and I and our 10-year old, 80 pound furry Labrador-Doberman friend Bandit. In preparation, did a lot of homework, worried about a 101 details and "what ifs?", and took 2 years to empty house. Have a very small storage locker back in Pennsylvania, that I will be wondering why I kept by the end of year 2, I'm sure. Almost all the old worries were unfounded, happily. About to attend our third GD owner's rally and get a suspension upgrade to go with the disc brake upgrade. Truck has been great (except for the "Death Wobble" experience, yikes!), love the Andersen hitch (have known no other), and no major repairs needed on trailer. Life is good so far, no regrets.
    ============
    Norm and Mary Ann

2017 F-350 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW Diesel, Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Kit
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, Nov. 2016 Build
    Andersen Ultimate 3220 Hitch

Full-Timing as of June 2018!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been living full-time in our Reflection 367 for 6 months now. We have moved it 3 times. The first time I studied you tube videos to see how to "pack" to move. It was a relief to learn that all we really needed to do was pick up things that would slide around during movement. Most cabinets are designed to keep items on the shelves during movement. The other thing that was pretty nice to realize was that once we got to the new site, everything was the same! same bed, same kitchen, same 'stuff' just a different location! Since we had no where else to live, this just came easy. We stored most of our belongings at a storage unit. If we had to do it over again, we would have packed an "RV" set of things.... For instance, I packed all my dishes, all my kitchen utensils, all my sheets, towels, bathroom items. Then had to find them in the storage unit and sort through to find just the minimal things we needed for our rv! Totally backwards.

Definitely good advice to set aside an "RV set" of everything you need and leave it in the RV. I am an environmental protector, I am passionate about saving our environment from single-use plastic, etc. Using paper plates was really against my beliefs, but I have caved to the fact that it's just easier to use paper plates. I haven't gotten to plasticware yet, still using 'real' forks, spoons, etc. We have since bought a set of Melamine dishes, but still use the paper ones most of the time. (After all paper does decompose so not too much footprint) Definitely purchasing an electric skillet and also an electric smokeless grill (from Cosco, works awesome) is the way to go. We have an outside grill too, but sometimes weather doesn't permit being outside!! I find washing the dishes to be the hardest thing to deal with. It's just a given, if you care about what you eat, you have to cook yourself, then you spend a lot of time washing. There are tradeoffs...

Lots of blah blah here, hope this helps others!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you get all that text at the bottom of your thread? I tried to edit my signature, but it restricts me to 4 lines?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retired three weeks ago and have been full timing since. Sold everything (downsizing was the most difficult part). My wife and I have been planning this for many years. Feels great. Currently in Florida for a few months in our Reflection 337RLS. We have, fortunately, had zero problems with our unit - so we have been lucky. The Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins turbo-diesel dually sure pulls nice, and I love the exhaust brake.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast