Thread: No power to RV

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeslaw View Post
    Where is that located?
    What trailer do you have? Someone here probably has the same model and can tell you where their converter is located.

For a 5th wheel, they are generally located behind the rear wall (easy to remove) of the pass through compartment.
    On tag trailers, generally (but not always) near the distribution (breaker) panel. Usually behind a drawer, cabinet or wall.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 04-16-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    377mbs-r grand design solitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what side of the basement is the converters on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had power in the cabin after we hooked up to shore power. After a storm my fridge stated no A/C i checked the main panel and i had full power there at the bottom of the breakers but nothing to the small fuse panel does the power go to the convertors before it goes to the small fuse panel? After i checked the fuses in the front under pass they were all good. I checked power again in the camper and now there isnt any power to anything but the 110 outlets and microwave. Any hints?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Converter for that model is on curb side in the access/storage area, behind the wall. I've taken pictures of it but never taken out the wall to climb back in there. I agree with others, sounds like a pedestal pole failure which we've encountered a few times. Having a good EMS/Surge makes this pretty quick as I can check my pedestal voltages inside. I'm suspecting that's the root cause.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    Check the power pedstal, especially if it has a 12 volt disconnect. I found something (leveling blocks) had bumped the red key (DC power) and I had no 12 volt power in the RV.

I turned it back to on and it worked fine.

Update: Is your a 50 amp rig? From what I recall they put two circuits to give you 50 amps. When you run a 30 amp you are only using one circuit. If you have 30 amp powering some things, it might mean one circuit is dead on 50 amps.

You may need to be sure everything is live from shore power to your rig first, then check to see if both circuits are live to the rig's distribution panel.
    A 50A circuit is one plug at the power with two hot legs, each being 50A, so you have total of 100 amps to the rig.
    Also, an appliance does not care if the source is 30 or 50 amps. It only sees line voltage. The amp rating is what is available when needed.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12