User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No power to RV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No power to RV

I got a 377mbs-r and woke up to no power in the rig. Went to bed with power. I tired using 30amp still nothing. The whole campground has power. I flipped all the breakers still nothing. Checked all fuses all are good. Got no lights but power to the refrigerator and microwave. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have power to refer and microwave, then you have 120 volts, but no 12 volts.

Check the fuses on the converter. You will have to get to it to check it, the fuses are on the actual unit.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is that located?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the power pedstal, especially if it has a 12 volt disconnect. I found something (leveling blocks) had bumped the red key (DC power) and I had no 12 volt power in the RV.

I turned it back to on and it worked fine.

Update: Is your a 50 amp rig? From what I recall they put two circuits to give you 50 amps. When you run a 30 amp you are only using one circuit. If you have 30 amp powering some things, it might mean one circuit is dead on 50 amps.

You may need to be sure everything is live from shore power to your rig first, then check to see if both circuits are live to the rig's distribution panel.
    Last edited by KatrinaAnon; 04-16-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeslaw View Post
    Where is that located?
    Safety first--before messing with the converter or other electrical items disconnect all power to your trailer! (Turn off breakers at the pedestal and disconnect the negative cable from your battery.)

My converter is in the hutch. These are the fuses as they look on my converter:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuses.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	19350

This is the Battery Disconnect KatrinaAnon referenced (in my trailer this is in the pass-thru storage):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Disconnect.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	19351

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    Update: Is your a 50 amp rig? From what I recall they put two circuits to give you 50 amps. When you run a 30 amp you are only using one circuit. If you have 30 amp powering some things, it might mean one circuit is dead on 50 amps.
    On my 315RLTS all the circuits on both 50A circuits will receive power when on a single 30A circuit. I suspect the 50A-to-30A adapter plug places the two 50A circuits in parallel so each leg is "live" on the single 30A line.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really sounds like one leg is dead no matter how it is presently wired. If you are using an adapter, something may be wrong with it. If you have a meter you can ohm it out and see if the 30 amp hot is tied to both 50 amp hots.

If you have a distribution drawing, you could check and see what devices are on what leg of the circuit. That may point you to the source of the problem.

The other thing to check is corrosion on the power leads or if there is another shore power pedstal plug into it and see what happens. I had a shore power pedstal that had wiring problems once.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    It really sounds like one leg is dead no matter how it is presently wired. If you are using an adapter, something may be wrong with it. If you have a meter you can ohm it out and see if the 30 amp hot is tied to both 50 amp hots.

If you have a distribution drawing, you could check and see what devices are on what leg of the circuit. That may point you to the source of the problem.

The other thing to check is corrosion on the power leads or if there is another shore power pedstal plug into it and see what happens. I had a shore power pedstal that had wiring problems once.
    Maybe we're misinterpreting his first post--maybe he's saying he disconnected from the 50A on the pedestal and connected to the 30A on the pedestal and there was no change in the trailer.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have two power systems in your trailer; 120 Volt Alternating Current (Shore Power), and 12 Volt Direct Current (Battery Power). Since you have power to the microwave, it indicates that the 120V side is working. By switching to the 30 amp outlet on the power pedestal made no changes, you have ruled out most issues that can be attributed to the 120 V side of things. Since the lights aren't working, it's indiciative of a problem with the 12V side of your system.

Take a look at the photos that Howard (Howson) posted above. If the switch is turned off or the fuses are blown, take care of those first. If that doesn't solve the issue, your converter which is located behind a panel in your basement has most likely failed. Let us know if you have a volt meter or not, and we can walk you through trouble-shooting.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that’s what I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast