User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    Just got off the phone with PI and they said that the unit could be in need of calibration. They have had some issues with the circuit board company and they were not calibrated. He said check the incoming voltage and if it doesn't match the display you need to calibrate the board.
    So, by inference, the EMS unit as usually sold SHOULD be able to handle and pass the higher voltages you found?

Why wouldn't I prefer your maladjusted unit, which cut out when high voltages appeared, because it would be easier on expensive equipment in the trailer?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    So, by inference, the EMS unit as usually sold SHOULD be able to handle and pass the higher voltages you found?

Why wouldn't I prefer your maladjusted unit, which cut out when high voltages appeared, because it would be easier on expensive equipment in the trailer?
    I interpreted PI's response as meaning the EMS is mistakenly thinking the voltage is too high. In other words, when there is actually 120V the EMS is reading 125V (or whatever). Thus the alerts were false--the voltage may not have been too high.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a simple test of the voltage at the box will give the answer. I find it strange that this code is only happening at what I would call quite hours. To me it sounds like it’s calibrated correctly
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I interpreted PI's response as meaning the EMS is mistakenly thinking the voltage is too high. In other words, when there is actually 120V the EMS is reading 125V (or whatever). Thus the alerts were false--the voltage may not have been too high.
    I read @Coheeba's original message as saying that he had measured voltage of 133-134 volts on leg 2 of his supply.

Maybe I'm wrong about that; maybe he just read the high voltage report from the EMS display.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    I find it strange that this code is only happening at what I would call quite hours.
    I seem to be the contrarian today--not intentional!

A high voltage during quiet hours is what I'd expect. The load on the grid goes down (people aren't using electricity) so the voltage goes up. That's why when everyone and their brother is running their air conditioners there are "brown outs" (low voltage).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A high voltage during quiet hours is what I'd expect. The load on the grid goes down (people aren't using electricity) so the voltage goes up. That's why when everyone and their brother is running their air conditioners there are "brown outs" (low voltage).
    I are a electrician and I approve Howard's message.
    I keep a simple voltage monitor plugged in to the outlet at my hutch. Voltage rises in the middle of the night. Very often I'll see 114 on a hot day and 121 at 2 or 3 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my point. If the voltage from the pole is normal then quite time would read ~120. I’d expect that his EMS would read a low voltage code during peak hours. This is not the case. He’s getting high voltage readings. If calibration isn’t the issue then he’ll likely get readings in the 110s.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I are a electrician and I approve Howard's message.
    I keep a simple voltage monitor plugged in to the outlet at my hutch. Voltage rises in the middle of the night. Very often I'll see 114 on a hot day and 121 at 2 or 3 AM.
    Chief,

Do you know which leg the outlet you plug your volt monitor in?
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    Chief,

Do you know which leg the outlet you plug your volt monitor in?
    Not offhand. I do however have another plugged in in the bathroom which is on the other leg so I have them both covered. Handy for keeping an eye on occasionally, especially when running the A/Cs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many questions...
    The voltage in original post was read off the EMS monitor not a meter.

The tech told me to check the incoming voltage to see if it matches the monitor. If not the board needs to be calibrated, I suspect that it is accurate but I will check. I can’t do it for a few days as I keep it at a storage lot and have to bring it home to get power.

As I said earlier, especially in rural areas, the power companies will push higher voltages to compensate for high demand which lowers the voltage. That’s why I would see higher voltages at night when there is low demand.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast