User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the heck do you remove the 47" TwinStar fireplace model 47II100GRG?

So while working on my AV gear, I managed to drop the TV remote down into the cabinet space where the TV is stowed and BEHIND the fireplace. Even with my longer than normal arms there is no way I can reach it. I read in some other threads that it's pretty easy to remove the fireplace (four screws and bam!). Well, even after reading the manual and tugging on the front frame every way I could think of I failed miserably. I guess it could have been worse. I could have broke the front frame.

According to the owners manual, to install the front frame (glass surround thing), you...
    "Hang the Front Frame on the fireplace and gently push on the lower part of the frame until it snaps into place".

I figured I just needed to reverse this procedure to remove the front frame which would give me access to the four screws that are used to hold the fireplace in place. No dice.

Does anybody have any idea how to get this front frame off so I can remove the fireplace to get access to the danged TV remote?

This is what my fireplace looks like (in my 2019 Solitude 373FB-R)-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1155.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	19370
    Last edited by bertschb; 04-16-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, I have this fireplace as well. Hope you get it figured out Brian.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chain saw?

Brian
    It looks like you are the guinea pig for this one.

Other Brian

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I yanked so hard on that front frame trying to remove it that I thought for sure I'd break something. The whole RV was moving! I haven't got to the chain saw stage yet but that may come...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Same here, I have this fireplace as well. Hope you get it figured out Brian.
    Boy I agree with this whole thread. What I have read in this forum, removing the fireplace is easy. Well, I have one that looks just like the one in above picture and I have tried more than once and cannot figure out how to remove the front glass/frame or whatever it is. I'm afraid that I am going to break it.

I will be following this thread with great interest.

FYI: To the OP. Go to Harbor Freight and buy one of those cheap thrash- picker-upper things. Works great for retrieving anything and everything that you drop down there. You are not the first and won't be the last to drop something down there. Yes....you can ask me how I know.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    FYI: To the OP. Go to Harbor Freight and buy one of those cheap thrash- picker-upper things. Works great for retrieving anything and everything that you drop down there. You are not the first and won't be the last to drop something down there. Yes....you can ask me how I know.
    I have tools to retrieve things that are dropped while working on cars, etc. I've used them many times over the years. But, I can't even see the remote that I dropped. I'm going back out to the RV later this morning for round 2. I looked at the manual again this morning and it's showing two screws at the top of the fireplace that I didn't see during round 1. It was dark inside while I was trying to remove the frame and I didn't have a flashlight. If these screws are actually there, that might be the answer. Stay tuned...
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update-

Well, I still wasn't able to see the two screws at the top of the fireplace that are are supposed to secure the front frame (as shown in the manual). But, my lovely wife fabricated a TV remote control removal tool (seen below) that enabled us to recover the remote from behind the fireplace. It worked great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	19388

Sorry for the blurry photo- those are BBQ tongs with lint removal tape stuck to the ends.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy I was just getting the POPCORN ready.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Boy I agree with this whole thread. What I have read in this forum, removing the fireplace is easy. Well, I have one that looks just like the one in above picture and I have tried more than once and cannot figure out how to remove the front glass/frame or whatever it is. I'm afraid that I am going to break it.

I will be following this thread with great interest.

You have to remove the wood trim strip above the glass to get at the 2 screws on top. Then lift up. Tilt the top out a little and lift up again.
    Joe & Melissa
    2018 Solitude 310GK, Sailun S637’s, Morryde 7k IS
    2021 Ram Bighorn 3500 DRW 4x4
    Southwest Missouri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast