User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Low Pressure Propane Outlet to 351M?

I have a 2018 351M and I don't believe we have a LP propane outlet. Can anyone point out the parts i could order to add a LP quick disconnect? Thanks
    Jeff & Dawn
    2014 Ram 3500HD DRW
    2018 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderator note: The OP's original question was in the Blackstone 17" thread.
    Last edited by howson; 04-16-2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: ...deleted original text as it is no longer applicable...
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we just got back from almost two weeks of camping using our 351M. I loved every second but def. realize that i need to install a LP propane quick disconnect on the rig. I used my Blackstone griddle almost every day. I brought a 20# tank for the griddle. But it was a pain in the butt securing it to and from ( we stayed at 2 different sites in total)

I will be tackling installing a LP QD under the basement storage and possibly one under the toy hauler area. I will use this thread to document the install.

Here is what i have ordered already:

12' quick disconnect hose
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackstone-17-inch-griddle-rv-quick-kit-35306__52469.1535044526.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	19815
    https://propanegear.com/converta-bp-...7-22-griddles/

10" QD install kit

Name:	sku_35302__39038.1525277502.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	511.3 KB 
ID:	19816
    https://propanegear.com/rv-quick-con...nstall-kit-10/

Next, I need to figure out the best way to get propane from the passenger side on-board tank to the place where im gonna put the install kit. On the passenger side LP tank of the 351, there is a red GR-630 regulator. Im not sure if i can "T" on the LP side and run a line down to the install kit.

GR-630 regulator factory installed on my351M

Name:	gr630.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	19817

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed!
    TIA
    Jeff & Dawn
    2014 Ram 3500HD DRW
    2018 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just added a second low pressure propane port to my 28bh for my generator. In my case there was a tee by the outdoor kitchen with a plug in an unused port. I went to a propane supply company and had a hose made up the length I wanted with the ends I needed. Hose went right into one of these, which I mounted next to the hitch.

Name:	71LmU93V-SL._SX425_.jpg 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	19820

All that said, my unit tees multiple times after the regulator. I can see no problem with you doing the same. In looking at your floorplan, with your fridge in the slideout there should be a propane connection in that area under the rig. I know for mine there is. Not sure if that tee would have a unused port or not, but if so you could work off of that.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have had 2 days of rain, but sometime this week, i will look under the kitchen side. There could be a manifold i could branch off of.
    Jeff & Dawn
    2014 Ram 3500HD DRW
    2018 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally just added one last night to my 350M. I unhooked the quick connect fitting for the kitchen slide and unscrewed it from the 1/4" pipe. I put a female T there, two "street Ls" and two 1" nipples, then screwed the kitchen quick coupling fitting back on one nipple and my new quick coupling on the other nipple. I ran the hose under the unit over the sewer dump pipe and behind the spare tire. I am going to secure it with conduit clamps this evening. I set up my 22" blackstone to adapt to my previous TT's low pressure quick connect so this was a must. On my previous outings, I just unhooked the quick coupling to the refrig/stove under the slide and plugged in there. It sucks that as fancy as these units are, they did not have a factory quick coupler.
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018351M_NJ View Post
    Well we just got back from almost two weeks of camping using our 351M. I loved every second but def. realize that i need to install a LP propane quick disconnect on the rig. I used my Blackstone griddle almost every day. I brought a 20# tank for the griddle. But it was a pain in the butt securing it to and from ( we stayed at 2 different sites in total)

I will be tackling installing a LP QD under the basement storage and possibly one under the toy hauler area. I will use this thread to document the install.

Here is what i have ordered already:

12' quick disconnect hose

Name:	blackstone-17-inch-griddle-rv-quick-kit-35306__52469.1535044526.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	19815
    https://propanegear.com/converta-bp-...7-22-griddles/

10" QD install kit

Name:	sku_35302__39038.1525277502.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	511.3 KB 
ID:	19816
    https://propanegear.com/rv-quick-con...nstall-kit-10/

Next, I need to figure out the best way to get propane from the passenger side on-board tank to the place where im gonna put the install kit. On the passenger side LP tank of the 351, there is a red GR-630 regulator. Im not sure if i can "T" on the LP side and run a line down to the install kit.

GR-630 regulator factory installed on my351M

Name:	gr630.PNG 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	19817

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed!
    TIA
    You cannot connect at that regulator because our units use a two stage propane regulator system. First stage is at each tank and second stage is at the auto changeover unit. You need to tie in at the main line after the auto changeover unit.
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get the parts you need off of amazon also.

Setting Up Camp Lawrencemountain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I am chiming in too late on this but I just completed the task on my 2019 351M. Here's my knowledge: You can not connect to the regulator on the street side directly, it is still high pressure. You can either connect to it and install a proper regulator for the grill you are using or you can install a tee at the tank and use a LP line with a regulator between the tank and the grill.
    I purchased all parts from Amazon and now have:
    Tee at the tank, attached to low pressure regulator, 12" LP line to quick disconnect. I secured the LP line and QD inside the propane compartment using standard plumbing mounts. I also purchased a kit for my Roadtrip grill that provided a12' hose and QD connections at each end.
    Now I just set up the grill, run the line under the RV and up in the propane compartment and connect.
    Steve and Liz Lawrence

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pics you can share? I would like to add a quick disconnect to my 2016 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB. Unfortunately they didn’t include one on that model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    2017 Ford F-150 3.5L CC max tow pkg
    Andersen WDH
    EMS-HW30C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast