User Tag List

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victron CCGX Monitor (Install and Usage Notes)

Very, very cool device. I've got it connected to my WiFi at home (thus it is connected to the internet) allowing it to "phone home" with data to Victron's VRM website. From there I can connect to it from Chrome and I have full access to the settings--like I'm sitting in front of the monitor! Too cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remote Access.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	19389

I am just starting to explore this device, so as I learn more I'll post updates and notes for reference.

One lesson learned--a microSD card (that's the one as small as your pinky fingernail) is needed to update the firmware. The unit has v2.11 and the update is to v2.18.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson,
    I think there is a setting about Auto Updating and default is off to conserve data usage, but is you are on WiFi at home you should not need to worry about data usage. I changed my to update automatically and it has been working.

Ben
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the Venus Pi route as I had a Pi laying around. It is a pretty neat setup with VRM and all. I have been tweaking settings, upgrading firmware, and getting to know it quite well. Happy to answer any questions I can (The Venus software is exactly the same as on the CCGX).

Jim

Name:	20190609_162800.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	21206
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting one of these is in my master plans. Currently just have the BMV-712 but want to add some MultiPlus or Quattro inverters and solar charger controllers down the road.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my CCGX, Multiplus, and BMV-712 installed and am pretty happy overall so far. I am a bit disappointed that from the CCGX you cannot do all of the configuration on the various devices it is connected to. For example, configuring all of the charge settings on the MultiPlus does not appear possible from the CCGX or from the Remote Console if Internet connected. Still a nice system and if you go with all Victron the coordination between the various electrical system components is pretty nice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter Refuses to Turn On With CCGX Connected

I learned something about the CCGX - Multiplus connection.

I mistakenly left the camper "on" (in my driveway) without shore power connected. About a week or so later I found the camper "dead"--no 12v power. My Battle Born (BB) battery's management system (BMS) had internally turned them off when they reached ~10.5v. The BMS did it's job and kept the batteries from discharging below a safe level.

To make a long story short, if the CCGX is connected to a Victron Multiplus Inverter (via ethernet cable) the Multiplus will only turn on if it gets a signal to do so from the CCGX. No 12v power means no CCGX. The answer/resolution/workaround is simple: disconnect the ethernet cable at the Multiplus inverter that runs to the CCGX. When the inverter is switched on (Charger mode, obviously) it will fire up and start charging the batteries without waiting for a signal from the CCGX.

Funny how something that takes a minute to type took about three days to figure out. (Many thanks to the AMSolar.com engineer that explained it to me!)
    Last edited by howson; 08-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I learned something about the CCGX - Multiplus connection.

I mistakenly left the camper "on" (in my driveway) without shore power connected. About a week or so later I found the camper "dead"--no 12v power. My Battle Born (BB) battery's management system (BMS) had internally turned them off when they reached ~10.5v. The BMS did it's job and kept the batteries from discharging below a safe level.

To make a long story short, if the CCGX is connected to a Victron Multiplus Inverter (via ethernet cable) the Multiplus will only turn on if it gets a signal to do so from the CCGX. No 12v power means no CCGX. The answer/resolution/workaround is simple: disconnect the ethernet cable at the Multiplus inverter that runs to the CCGX. When the inverter is switched on (Charger mode, obviously) it will fire up and start charging the batteries without waiting for a signal from the CCGX.

Funny how something that takes a minute to type took about three days to figure out. (Many thanks to the AMSolar.com engineer that explained it to me!)
    Sounds like a good enough reason to do that solar install haha
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with updating CCGX

Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Very, very cool device. I've got it connected to my WiFi at home (thus it is connected to the internet) allowing it to "phone home" with data to Victron's VRM website. From there I can connect to it from Chrome and I have full access to the settings--like I'm sitting in front of the monitor! Too cool.

Name:	Remote Access.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	19389

I am just starting to explore this device, so as I learn more I'll post updates and notes for reference.

One lesson learned--a microSD card (that's the one as small as your pinky fingernail) is needed to update the firmware. The unit has v2.11 and the update is to v2.18.
    Can you explain how you updated your CCGX in a bit more detail for me. I cannot seem to find the V2.18 file anywhere. I am stuck in v2.11 and nothing is registering over the internet as an update. I also cannot change my quattro 10kva settings for AC input 1. I have the quattro connected, mppt smart charge controller 70/150, a DC system, CCGX and BMV712 smart. We are installing this into a bus that we are converting to an RV to travel the U.S. But I need to be able to change the AC1 in for when we are in cold weather and need to be plugged into a house or something, so it doesn't blow the breakers of the house we are staying at.

Thanks for any help.