User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    We had the mirror cameras on a motor home and found them to be nothing more than a cute little novelty. The mirrors had the dual glass and had a wider view than the camera, one spot of water would blur the camera image so it was near worthless, and the left side camera was useless for me because I just could not look up to the right where the screen was (it replaced the rear view mirror) when I wanted to see what was to my left.
    I somewhat agree. I don't think they are helpful at all backing up. I do have mine turn signal activated so its is another check before changing lanes.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I somewhat agree. I don't think they are helpful at all backing up. I do have mine turn signal activated so its is another check before changing lanes.
    Mine worked with the turn signals also, I personally just found them to be of no significant value either for driving or backing.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I talked with Walt. He knows his stuff and super helpful.
    Linkswell made the product for rostra. They now sell it under the linkswell name. Once I get it installed I will let you guys know.
    I started to do the install today. I followed the directions and it didn't work. I called Walt. He had it fixed under 5mins. I guess there was supposed to be an addendum to the directions which linkswell didn't include.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the EchoMaster dash module and RF Receiver installed in my truck (trailer cam only - didn't want to have to take apart my entire door on both sides), I have not yet installed the camera on the trailer yet. Wired it up to a 12v cigarette lighter plug just to test functionality (it works...). I believe you can switch to the camera view even if you are not going in reverse (just hold the back button for a few seconds), if you do that, will it persist through changing gears in and out of reverse?

To help with the signal, I plan to run a wire for the antenna the full length of the trailer so that the Camera Tx antenna is positioned much closer to the Truck Rx antenna (and without a trailer in the way). I talked to a guy at EchoMaster and he said this is something he had seen multiple do with a good result.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I have the EchoMaster...I believe you can switch to the camera view even if you are not going in reverse (just hold the back button for a few seconds), if you do that, will it persist through changing gears in and out of reverse?

To help with the signal, I plan to run a wire for the antenna the full length of the trailer so that the Camera Tx antenna is positioned much closer to the Truck Rx antenna (and without a trailer in the way). I talked to a guy at EchoMaster and he said this is something he had seen multiple do with a good result.

Read post # 3 of this thread
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, I read the whole thread before posting, because that is what I always do, so I am not missing something. If you read my question, and your post #3 , you said you initiate the trailer camera view after shifting into reverse, I was asking if switching the view before shifting changes the behavior. Unless I am misunderstanding something.

I will also add, that the switch to the trailer view is only a few seconds in my truck, so I wonder if there is a newer firmware or hardware revision on the dash module that helps for faster switching.

The guy at EchoMaster I spoke with did confirm that they hard code the firmware in the units, so if you have the trailer camera only (like me) you cannot add the other cameras down the road, you would also need a new dash unit that is "configured" for the additional inputs. All hardware is the same, just the firmware is different he said. Seems like a stupid choice to me but whatever.
    Last edited by cookinwitdiesel; 06-10-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you do that, will it persist through changing gears in and out of reverse?
    Not unless they have a major reprogram. You’ll have to jump through the hoops every-time you shift out if reverse.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://https://www.adcmobile.com/product/multi-camera-interface-for-gm-vehicles-w-8-screen/

Above is a link to the system I bought. You'll want the linkswell module that does a total of 6 cameras including the factory one.

I had originally installed the 5 camera module unit and it wouldn't let me switch between the 3 cameras while in reverse. It would let me switch between OEM and 1 aftermarket not 2.

I have the one installed in the above link. This module is really slick.
    While in reverse I can choose it to default to OEM or 1 aftermarket. I can over lay the cargo view just by a quick tap of the icon on the the screen.

This is how I have mine set-up
    While I hook to 5th wheel pin I use the cargo camera.
    Then after I am hooked up I default to the wireless camera on the back of the 5th wheel. There is pretty much no delay time for image to appear.

While driving I can access any of the aftermarket cameras as well.

Easy to hook up however directions are poor at best.

Now I just need to figure out how to mount the camera to the furrion mount.
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    http://https://www.adcmobile.com/product/multi-camera-interface-for-gm-vehicles-w-8-screen/

Above is a link to the system I bought. You'll want the linkswell module that does a total of 6 cameras including the factory one.

I had originally installed the 5 camera module unit and it wouldn't let me switch between the 3 cameras while in reverse. It would let me switch between OEM and 1 aftermarket not 2.

I have the one installed in the above link. This module is really slick.
    While in reverse I can choose it to default to OEM or 1 aftermarket. I can over lay the cargo view just by a quick tap of the icon on the the screen.

This is how I have mine set-up
    While I hook to 5th wheel pin I use the cargo camera.
    Then after I am hooked up I default to the wireless camera on the back of the 5th wheel. There is pretty much no delay time for image to appear.

While driving I can access any of the aftermarket cameras as well.

Easy to hook up however directions are poor at best.

Now I just need to figure out how to mount the camera to the furrion mount.
    Nice find! Am I understanding it correctly that I can reuse the EchoMaster camera I already have with this new dash module?
    Last edited by cookinwitdiesel; 06-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find! Am I understanding it correctly that I can reuse the EchoMaster camera I already have with this new dash module?
    I believe you can use any camera as long a you can connect it to the RCA inputs. Not sure If you can rotate or reverse images so that might take a little research while shopping for cameras. I do have an echomaster wireless camera. I have a wireless receiver I put on my back window of the truck and ran wires to the module. The cargo camera (3rd tail light) not sure what brand that was but the echomaster brand should work there as well.
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12