User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have issues with our Mopeka sensors. They've been great in helping, we're on a second set of replacements. Will see how this season goes.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    We still have issues with our Mopeka sensors. They've been great in helping, we're on a second set of replacements. Will see how this season goes.
    What seems to be the problem Rob?
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    What seems to be the problem Rob?
    We suffered through two Gen 2 sets and their problem with the rubber. They are also just never reliable unless you're in the habit of checking multiple times and waiting till you get consistency in readings. It's because of the OPD dip tube I think, unless truly because the Gen 2 sensors were just bad in a different way then Gen 1s. Nonetheless, we now have Gen 3s plus the standalone readout since it now can be calibrated to the bigger tanks. Only had those for a month before winterizing, but we faced an issue with reading on the readout was accurate but reading on smartphone app was opposite! Sorta feel like an unwilling beta tester! Lol.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Gen 2 sensors are thinner than Gen 1 sensors but how do you know you have Gen 2 or Gen 3 sensors? Mopeka is sending me a new sensor because one of the magnets fell out somewhere on one of the sensors I have so it won't stay where I place it. I should get it in a few days. I bought these in June of 2020 from Amazon. When did the Gen 3 sensors come out and what are the differences from Gen 2?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I know Gen 2 sensors are thinner than Gen 1 sensors but how do you know you have Gen 2 or Gen 3 sensors? Mopeka is sending me a new sensor because one of the magnets fell out somewhere on one of the sensors I have so it won't stay where I place it. I should get it in a few days. I bought these in June of 2020 from Amazon. When did the Gen 3 sensors come out and what are the differences from Gen 2?
    Gen 3 are the thinnest yet. About 1/4". The case has been improved for watertightness and the problem rubber redesigned. Gen 3 has been out around a year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like the sensors I have but I have seen them with a little vent. I don't have those and don't know what their purpose is. Would they be Gen 4?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good PSA Jim.

Thanks

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was aslo having issues also with my mopeka propane tank sensors on 30 lb tanks. I was getting empty tank readings on full tanks. I misplaced the "Sonic Grease" that came with it. I tried other greases without success. Then I tried cleaning the bottom of the tank and the sensor really well with fantastic. It worked for me. The other nice benefit is that they don't slide around anymore.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    I was aslo having issues also with my mopeka propane tank sensors on 30 lb tanks. I was getting empty tank readings on full tanks. I misplaced the "Sonic Grease" that came with it. I tried other greases without success. Then I tried cleaning the bottom of the tank and the sensor really well with fantastic. It worked for me. The other nice benefit is that they don't slide around anymore.
    Try just a dab of dielectric grease on the sensors. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone point me to a link where I can order the total kit for two propane tanks on my 5th wheel RV? I've looked at Amazon and the Mopeka website and am still confused on what to order.

I want to monitor both tanks via Bluetooth and wifi, and I want the aluminum feet... plus the correct Generation that actually works well.

Many thanks... anxious to being able to monitor my LP tanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast