User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Went from the little aluminum clips to the halo. Best decision I made! Two of the clips broke and a third was on the way to breaking. Ordered the halo for each tank and now I don't have to worry about the clips.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    thanks for sharing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the tire rings from tractor supply for the bottom of my tanks. Problem with mine is they are a little too wide so tanks would not fit right. My reflection has a solid base with a lip on 3 sides. I ended up cutting it to fit with short pieces on each corner.

Wonder if the halo is thinner?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five years later and this post is still paying dividends. Worked for me and my Mopekas.
    - El Hefe

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on install.... install went perfect. First couple of trips with the monitor and very happy to have them!
    I did find out that the little metal spacers DO NOT hold up and can fall off easily when pulling the tank(s) to fill.... SOOOOOO Just ordered the Halos.... that should help a bunch.

I also found that I really need to be careful with pulling the tanks and setting them down... needs to be a flat surface, not gravel... had to use some wood leveling planks just to make sure that I did not damage the sensor. Probably will still need to do that with the Halo rings.

I have not tried the app yet... because I mounted the monitor in the cabinet with all of the switches inside the RV so it is handy to check when I am checking grey/black tanks, etc.... but I did download and install the app so will give it a try this next week.

Anyone have any feeling on how long the batteries last in the tank sensors? and the monitor?

Thanks again for all of the good advice... really happy with the sensors...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see plenty of people are using the Mopeka tank sensors. I have also set them up on my rig but added a slight modification idea to them that I stole from a buddy and wanted to share. Instead of relying on the watch batteries, I hardwired the power connections to my 12v system. Hardwiring has (1) made it so I never have to worry about or change batteries, (2) improved the sensor readings, and (3) improved the operation and bluetooth connectivity of the sensors. I highly recommend this mod.

To do this I picked up a small 12v to 3v stepdown dc-dc converter for a few bucks off amazon. Then I used some small 2 conductor wire I had lying around and soldered the wire to the battery terminals. I drilled a hole in the sensor cover and sealed with silicone, then ran the wires over to the converter, then to my 12v sub panel.

Here's a few pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220629_190658.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	41548

Name:	20220629_190715.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	41547

Name:	20220629_190229.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	41550

Name:	20220629_190810.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	41552
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WondersAwait View Post
    I see plenty of people are using the Mopeka tank sensors. I have also set them up on my rig but added a slight modification idea to them that I stole from a buddy and wanted to share. Instead of relying on the watch batteries, I hardwired the power connections to my 12v system. Hardwiring has (1) made it so I never have to worry about or change batteries, (2) improved the sensor readings, and (3) improved the operation and bluetooth connectivity of the sensors. I highly recommend this mod.

To do this I picked up a small 12v to 3v stepdown dc-dc converter for a few bucks off amazon. Then I used some small 2 conductor wire I had lying around and soldered the wire to the battery terminals. I drilled a hole in the sensor cover and sealed with silicone, then ran the wires over to the converter, then to my 12v sub panel.
    GREAT MOD! I gotta so this. Thanks!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this thread with some updates...

GONE are our tombstone sensors! We have been running the Pro Check sensors for ~6 months. They have been trouble-free. Much stronger Bluetooth radio - can actually read the tanks in the 5er parked in our driveway while in the other side of our sticks and bricks. Magnets seemed weaker, but we've traveled far and wide over rough and smooth roads, had the tanks out for multiple refills and never moved. Even with the seemingly stronger radio, battery life seems better too but will need to see how it lasts through the winter. The tombstones are discontinued with standardizing around the Pro Checks. They're introducing a long-range Bluetooth model too, mostly for residential use, but with our Pro Checks readable through multiple walls and ~140 feet away it's already pretty good range.

The LED display... Well, I have come to the conclusion it's a lost cause. The app has been the way to go. I was provided with the WiFi bridge and have been running it with our Starlink. As long as we have internet, it works perfectly and I appreciated being able to check the tank levels when Nikki was alone with the RV while I had to suddenly travel for work and there was a cold snap.

I maintain that the company provides excellent support!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Reviving this thread with some updates...

GONE are our tombstone sensors! We have been running the Pro Check sensors for ~6 months. They have been trouble-free. Much stronger Bluetooth radio - can actually read the tanks in the 5er parked in our driveway while in the other side of our sticks and bricks. Magnets seemed weaker, but we've traveled far and wide over rough and smooth roads, had the tanks out for multiple refills and never moved. Even with the seemingly stronger radio, battery life seems better too but will need to see how it lasts through the winter. The tombstones are discontinued with standardizing around the Pro Checks. They're introducing a long-range Bluetooth model too, mostly for residential use, but with our Pro Checks readable through multiple walls and ~140 feet away it's already pretty good range.

The LED display... Well, I have come to the conclusion it's a lost cause. The app has been the way to go. I was provided with the WiFi bridge and have been running it with our Starlink. As long as we have internet, it works perfectly and I appreciated being able to check the tank levels when Nikki was alone with the RV while I had to suddenly travel for work and there was a cold snap.

I maintain that the company provides excellent support!
    That’s great to hear! We have been running the gen 3 sensors and so far they have been trouble free, but do go through batteries about every 6 months.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which mopeka sensor to choose and do i really need two sensors or one if i dont boondock ?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sctmlmn View Post
    which mopeka sensor to choose and do i really need two sensors or one if i dont boondock ?
    If you don't boondock, none.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast