User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that write up. I just bought a 2020 28MKS and brought it home last night. I too was concerned with the water hookup and the need for another hose and y-pipe for the second grey water tank. After reading your write up I feel a little bit better about it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

wife and I just bought a 29TBS on Monday, brought it home and filling it up with all the usual stuff

The location of the Jensen stereo is unusable except from the passenger side of the "master bedroom" as it faces forwards rather than towards any of the seating. We love having all the storage and counter space in the RV, teenage daughter loves having a room of her own. Not sure how we are going do deal with / organize the front storage yet for power cable, water, etc.

Can't wait to take it out on it's shakedown trip.
    2019 Ram Rebel
    2020 Transcend 29TBS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend 265BH

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyElectronic View Post
    We recently picked up our Transcend 265BH and have nothing but good things to say. Granted we haven't had it long, but he have had trailers from other manufacturers in the past. The build quality on the Transcend is noticeably better and the attention to detail is apparent. The dealer found a few issues prior to our walk-through, like a slightly damaged side skirt and a slightly warped cabinet door (I honestly hardly noticed either one). Grand Design had the replacement pieces shipped out before I even arrived for my walk-through. That made us feel pretty good about our choice knowing that the manufacturer was that responsive.

We are considering the 265BH and as first time RV purchasers, we are looking for consumer reviews for guidance and reassurance. Seeing you have had your rig for a time now, are you still happy with the GD Transend?

Living in Ontario Canada I have concerns with the build of the flooring as well as the stick and tin construction. We do realize this is considered an entry level rig and there are some trim level options we will no going to have available.

Thanks in advance for any advice and / or guidance review.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Video Tour

Quote Originally Posted by the e-man View Post
    Hi All,

We purchased a Transcend 28MKS in November 2019. After using it for a year, we are pleased with it. Overall, it is a great spacious camper that meets our needs. There it tons of storage. The bed wasn't comfortable but we added a memory foam mattress topper and that helped. The theater seating is comfortable.

There are some things that aren't great. As GeorgeOfIowa mentioned, the Jensen stereo DVD player is complicated and can't be used from the theater seating. Having two gray tanks lets us go longer without having to dump which is nice. Having to deal with two gray tanks is a bit complicated.

I wrote up a full review of the 28MKS and several articles that might be helpful in using it such as hooking up two gray tanks, how to add extra sewer hose storage, and connecting your fresh water hose. You can find these at https://traveltrailsail.com

Regards,
    the e-man
    Hi All,

I'm glad to be part of this Transcend community and having a place to learn from everyone. We continue to enjoy our Transcend. Like so many others, we haven't been able to camp this spring. However, I'm looking forward to getting out again soon.

Judy and I thought it might be helpful to create a video tour so that you can get a better sense of what a Grand Design Transcend camper is like. You can find it on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/Dsxspt5SkbI and we added it our review post at: https://traveltrailsail.com/grand-de...-28mks-review/

Hope you find it helpful.

the e-man
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
    We are considering the 265BH and as first time RV purchasers, we are looking for consumer reviews for guidance and reassurance. Seeing you have had your rig for a time now, are you still happy with the GD Transend?

Living in Ontario Canada I have concerns with the build of the flooring as well as the stick and tin construction. We do realize this is considered an entry level rig and there are some trim level options we will no going to have available.

Thanks in advance for any advice and / or guidance review.
    We have had the 29TBS since spring 2019 and love the thing. We purchased it from Outdoor Travel in Hamilton.
    We have only had a few minor issues (screen door latch, interior trim fell off and seam popped in dinette pillow).
    I spent about 5 weeks in the trailer last summer and so far 2 weeks this year.
    The major upgrade I have done is adding the Mor Ryder Solid step. Daughter kept falling off rickety stairs so I installed the solid steps.
    The outdoor kitchen shelf is only 1/8" ply wood which wouldn't hold anything up, so I installed some bracing to reinforce it.
    We also put a memory foam topper on the mattress.

Some other upgrades I am considering are adding JT Strong arms to the stabilizers and getting the BAL hide a spare to get the spare tire off the back.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll save you the trouble, buy something else. I've had 2 Transcends, both were garbage.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefiter236 View Post
    I'll save you the trouble, buy something else. I've had 2 Transcends, both were garbage.
    I read your other thread. The first one you reported problems with. But you didn't mention any actual problems with the second one other than paperwork problems.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the second one started within a week of taking possession. Its been a slough of electrical issues, overheating issues, and of course, more plumbing and leaking issues. It's a list.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefiter236 View Post
    Well the second one started within a week of taking possession. Its been a slough of electrical issues, overheating issues, and of course, more plumbing and leaking issues. It's a list.

What's the deal with their Transcend line? Just a cheaper execution compared to the other lines?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 Transcend 245RL was purchased in October. We’ve had it out twice and here’s the problems we’ve had.
    1. On our first trip, we noticed water leaking from under the shower. The plumbing fittings underneath he shower (accessible via the bottom drawer in the bedroom) needed to be tightened. Minor fix.
    2. We opened to slide out window in the bedroom which is an emergency exit. (Comment - the 245RL has an exterior door in the bedroom. Why does it need an emergency window exit?) After opening the window slide out, the screws securing the slide-out lever came loose. I was unable to reattach the screws at the park and had to duct tape the window from the outside until we got home. Relatively simple fix by replacing the screws with a screws and bolts.
    3. However, the emergency exit window has a screen that attaches with 2 flexible tabs on each of the 4 sides. The screen came off on our last trip and I cannot put it back. It appears that all tabs have to be perfectly aligned before it is inserted into the frame. If it’s not perfectly aligned or inserted on side first and then on the other, it will not snap in and lay flat in the frame. Still haven’t figured out how to replace the screen.
    4. On our second trip we saw water leaking from under the sink. The fittings for the sink drain needed to be tightened. Simple fix.
    We haven’t used the AC yet to know how it will cool in a warm climate. Other than that, we’ve been happy. The solar panel was installed and we have the 12V refrig. The layout is nice and the trailer is a manageable length for towing.
    "TEXAS, the greatest Nation that became a State"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast