User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering a Transcend. Looking for feedback

I'm trying to find reviews on the Transcend line of campers. Pros & cons. Any updates from "Guinea pigs" would be great.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum CamperJOE - We haven't had a lot of feedback on the Transcend line yet on the forum. Hopefully another owner will weigh in.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2019 Transcend 28MKS last fall. Overall quite happy with it, with a few annoying issues. The biggest problem I have is with the heating system. I get very little, none really, heat to the bedroom and bathroom. The dealer looked at it and said there are two 90 degree bends that constrict the flow and nothing could be done. I am still working through this issue! The second problem is with the radio/dvd player and is basically an annoyance. Because of where it is located you can't use the remote from the theater seating. Duh! I will have a fix for this myself one way or another. Frankly, these are both really obvious problems that should have been easily identified at the product verification stage. My impression of Grand Design engineering has gone down a couple notches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi CamperJOE! We picked up our 26RLS in September last year and have used it about 8 times, including a road trip from Northern California to Southern California and back. Other than a few minor items that were taken care of by the dealer/GD, we’ve been very happy and really have no regrets with our purchase.

While the Transcend line is “entry level” for Grand Design, it does not have the feeling of being that way at all. We looked at what seemed like hundreds of different models and were disappointed with the cheap quality that most seemed to have. This is our first RV experience, and I think the Transcend line is perfect for weekend trips and occasional longer ones. The model we have is roomy for my husband and I, but also accommodates our older children when they come along. Everything is well thought out and there really isn’t any wasted space.

Please let me know if you have any questions...I am happy to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently picked up our Transcend 265BH and have nothing but good things to say. Granted we haven't had it long, but he have had trailers from other manufacturers in the past. The build quality on the Transcend is noticeably better and the attention to detail is apparent. The dealer found a few issues prior to our walk-through, like a slightly damaged side skirt and a slightly warped cabinet door (I honestly hardly noticed either one). Grand Design had the replacement pieces shipped out before I even arrived for my walk-through. That made us feel pretty good about our choice knowing that the manufacturer was that responsive.
    Jon & Leah
    Minnesota
    2012 F-150 STX 5.0L 3.55 axle
    2020 Transcend Xplor 265BH
    10k Equalizer 4-point WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 27BHS for a little over a month now and no real issues. On our bunk house the curtains were different lengths which is slightly annoying as longer one keeps the AC out when one of our children is sleeping. We are working with the dealer and grand designed to get that fixed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our Transcend 26RLS in May of this year and we have camped four times with it since them. We are new RVers so we started with a short 3 day trip only 25 minutes from home. Each trip after that was a little longer and further from home. Our next trip we are planning to go to Portsmouth NH, then onto New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and back to Acadia Maine, then home.

So far we've only had a couple minor issues (mostly minor adjustments) and we've only has one issue that I didn't want to fiddle with. When we arrived at campground near Syracuse NY we noticed what appeared to be a bolt pushing up thru the linoleum floor in the kitchen area. So we called GD and they directed us to the local GD dealer who fixed it right away and I mean right away! Turns out it was a screw that came loose in the floor and the tech fixed it in 10 minutes from underneath. Thanks Meyers RV of Syracuse!!! So far I've done a few modifications to it, like installing a Progressive Industries hard wired surge and electrical connector, added Centramatic Wheel Balancers to all 4 wheels, replaced the mattress, replaced the wafer board plywood under the mattress with plywood that better fit the new mattress, added screen door handle bars, added a full length mirror to the bathroom door, I made draw dividers and added max-air vent covers.

We did a lot...A LOT.. of research on travel trailers and manufacturers. In the end we felt that Grand Design was one of the better RV manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, there are other good ones out there too. We were originally deciding between a couple Imagine trailers (2600RB, 2500RL and 2670MK) until we saw the Transcend 26RLS at a show in Atlantic City NJ. We just fell in love with the layout of 26RLS and we didn't care that it was made with wood framed walls and aluminum sides. Actually the wood framing makes it easier to hang "things" on the walls. You just have to make sure that you don't use really long screws! We also liked the lighter colored cabinets better in the Transcend line. We tow it with a Hensley Arrow hitch and our 2018 RAM 2500 CTD so it tows like a dream.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out. Good Luck and have fun picking out your traitor search!
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 08-24-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention we were very happy with it being a 50amp RV as well. The dealership threw in a second AC as part of the deal - not really necessary but in FL it really helps on the initial cool down. I don't understand the 2 grey tanks, as we don't need 2, and it takes extra time to either hook up a splitter or disconnect and add another hose (3 hoses total) to dump the front tank. It is also nice that the RV is on the lighter side - 1/2 ton towable which was a necessity for us. Make sure you get a good WDH - we use an Equalizer and it works great once we got it dialed in. The real queen bed in the front is awesome as i'm 6'7". The "domed" roof (can't remember the actual term) is also nice for me as I can stand up straight and walk inside. The motion sensor lights are very nice in the front storage compartment and inside the door, much better and searching for a light in the dark. The LED outside light is nice but not too bright as to annoy the other campers.

We do wish the dinette table was more stable OR move-able like we saw in another model. The cushions on the dinette could use more cushion as they pretty much flatten out when an average person sits on them and they move around a bit, we do have 3 small children but still. But the floor is solid, the bunks are solid, do wish the covers came off the bunk mattresses for washing but they are sewn on. The bathroom is large with lots of storage and the shower door is really cool as it rolls up to the side kinda like the awning.

The outdoor mini kitchen is nice. We do wish there was a way to shut off the fridge if needed, but there isn't. We haven't been able to figure out how to light the stove yet or it isn't working but that is very minor. Make sure to get lots of leveling blocks so the stabilizers are down to about a 45 degree angle. The rear bumper is supposed to house the sewer hose but no hose that we have found with any type of fitting on either end will fit. But i keep a rubbermaid tub in the front storage with all that stuff. And get a Zero G water hose and a 90 degree brass fitting The "command center" for the water valve, battery cuttoff, cable and such is in the front storage compartment.
    2020 Transcend 27BHS
    2011 F150 SCREW 4x4 Offroad 3.73, Elocker, Ecoboost
    Gas a Just rear shocks / 5 star Adapative/Performance tunes
    Equalizer 10k hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our Transcend 29TBS in April and LOVE it. We compared a bunch of campers and the wife “felt at home” in the camper so... I bought it!
    We have a 2&5 year old so the bunk room is key!

The major thing we like about the camper is that everything seems planned out. It’s obvious GD takes time and seriously designs the interior layout.

We live in South Georgia and did not buy the second AC unit. We only once wished we had it once but we were on a 30amp service. Since then I have put a tower fan in the hallway and blow it to the master. Now no need for a second ac unit! Also we installed an oscillating wall-mount wall fan in place of the TV. This has worked great!

Only complaints I have are
    1.outdoor lighting Awning light. There is a LED lamp on the camper but no light on the awning arm.
    2. Small outdoor kitchen
    3. No cable hook up for outdoor tv

We enjoy the Transcend! It’s awesome!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

We purchased a Transcend 28MKS in November 2019. After using it for a year, we are pleased with it. Overall, it is a great spacious camper that meets our needs. There it tons of storage. The bed wasn't comfortable but we added a memory foam mattress topper and that helped. The theater seating is comfortable.

There are some things that aren't great. As GeorgeOfIowa mentioned, the Jensen stereo DVD player is complicated and can't be used from the theater seating. Having two gray tanks lets us go longer without having to dump which is nice. Having to deal with two gray tanks is a bit complicated.

I wrote up a full review of the 28MKS and several articles that might be helpful in using it such as hooking up two gray tanks, how to add extra sewer hose storage, and connecting your fresh water hose. You can find these at https://traveltrailsail.com

Regards,
    the e-man
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast