User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 265BH in December 21. On our first trip, the next weekend, we had a water leak in a line and then the water pump went out. Called customer service and they sent out a mobile service tech. I had to pay $300. Come to find out, the line to the outside shower had been cross threaded at the factory and caused the leak. This, in turn, caused the water pump to continuously turn and off, which led to the failure. I called customer service back and told them this was a factory defect due to cross threading at the factory. I was told I would that I would get reimbursed, and after several phone calls, going through the same explanation, I am told that GD is going to send me a reimbursement. Nothing yet.
    The mattresses all need to be upgraded because the ones that come with the unit do not provide any cushion after the first trip. The sliding doors have come off track a few times, easy fix though. There are some major bubbles in the wallpaper.

Overall we have enjoyed the camper and I am learning a lot on fixing and upgrading so when we are ready to upgrade we will know what to look for and how to fix things when issues arise.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a 2019 29TBS, and it's our sixth RV (we've gone popup to hybrid to regular TT to fifth wheel to Class C, and are now back with a stick and tin TT by choice.

Compared to our Jaycos and Winnebago Class C, the fit and trim is much better than anything we've owned before.

We did add a mattress topper because after almost 20 years of doing this, we've learned that no stock RV mattress is worth the plastic it came wrapped in.

Other than that, we haven't needed to do anything to the interior. The 29TBS was such a great floorplan it was eating into Imagine sales, and GD discontinued it.

People who call Transcend "entry level" are snobs. They just don't understand the appeal of a traditional trailer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we took our Transcend to a local dealer near where we were camping, we told mechanic this was our first TT. He said we have set the the bar high going with a GD and none others will compare. I hope that holds true.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Transcend 27BHS Review

We have had our 2020 Transcend 27BHS for two years now. Before we bought we compared nearly every brand and nothing compared to the quality we found In Grand Design.

We have never truly had a single problem with this unit. The layout is perfect and it handles all of our needs for a family of four.

If I were to change one thing honestly, I would put a fold-away countertop extension next to the kitchen sink for a little added counter space. We also (like others have mentioned) replaced the mattress immediately with a real queen size pillow top mattress. I am yet to see a camper mattress that is worth anything, but many just use a mattress topper.

If you are looking for a travel trailer for a family of 4-5, this is your unit (27BHS). Grand Design really did a good job with this unit.

Tried and tested……….

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only had our Transcend xplor 321BH for about 3 weeks now so have not been out with it yet but we are next week for a weeks vacation.
    So far everything seems to be great for us other than could maybe use another cubby outside. but so far we love it.
    Happy camping everyone.
    Jack & Melinda from MI
    2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 321BH "On Order"
    2014 Chevy 2500HD 4 Door
    Have a Safe and Happy Camping Everyone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Jaxjeff: Outdoor cable hook up should be on the non-slide out side, above the electrical outlet located above the tires. Should be a circular rubber cap covering it.
    Last edited by Korkat9; 07-17-2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Add name

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korkat9 View Post
    If you are looking for a travel trailer for a family of 4-5, this is your unit (27BHS). Grand Design really did a good job with this unit.
    The 27BHS was discontinued. The closest equivalent looks to be the 261BH, which I like the layout on even more. Really a great setup for a small family.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 245RL that is only 8 months old. Furrion refrigerator completely stopped working. I was told by dealer that GD would send someone to repair. GD customer help line hung up on me twice after holding on +30 minutes. I have sent several emails and they won't answer them . I am extremely disappointed in GD! I am stuck with junk refrigerator and GD won't even respond. So sad. Apparently warranty is no good. It was supposed to cover everything for one year!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky22 View Post
    I own a 245RL that is only 8 months old. Furrion refrigerator completely stopped working. I was told by dealer that GD would send someone to repair. GD customer help line hung up on me twice after holding on +30 minutes. I have sent several emails and they won't answer them . I am extremely disappointed in GD! I am stuck with junk refrigerator and GD won't even respond. So sad. Apparently warranty is no good. It was supposed to cover everything for one year!!
    Why would GD be sending someone out for repair?

They don’t do that. The dealer might send someone out or GD has authorized a mobile tech be called but I believe you have to set that up

They are on Central time. Call just before 8:00 central and you will always get a human
    So if the dealer said GD was doing this why are you calling GD btw?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MadJack, we are considering a new 321BH...much larger than our first ever TT a 25’ Rockwood Roo hybrid. Being our first camper I enjoyed the ease of towing and maneuverability but it just wasn’t big enough for our family of 6. I have a 2020 Silverado HD 4dr and am curious your experience so far with longer towing trips. How does it handle, no issue? I appreciate the feedback!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast