HD trans cooler
    HD Engine cooler
    Factory trailer brakes

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkatta View Post
    Can I safely pull my brand new 2019 Imagine 3170 BH...
    kkatta--welcome to the forum! Very wise to ensure your tow vehicle (TV) is up to the task.

There's a post in a section called the Reference Library that has a number of links, videos, and calculators to help you determine if your setup will work. I know it would be easier if you just got an answer, but by doing a little homework and learning how to figure it out yourself you'll be able to work up any number of TV and RV combinations for yourself to see it it "works".

Here's a link to the post:

How To Determine Your Truck's Trailer Towing Capability
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability

I hope it helps.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I safely pull my brand new 2019 Imagine 3170 BH with my
    2014 Chevy Silverado
    5.3l
    tow package
    upgraded 3.42 axles
    HD Transmision
    HD trans cooler
    HD Engine cooler
    Factory trailer brakes
    Welcome to the G.D. forum and thanks for asking. The very first place to start with you question would most likely be is to check the payload capacity of YOUR truck. There is a white sticker with yellow highlighting on the driver side door post and it will give you the payload or Cargo Carrying Capacity (C.C.C.) numbers for that particular truck. DO NOT go by a brochure, ad, or what someone tells you....that sticker is the gospel for knowing the payload or available payload of your truck. Do keep in mind though, that number represents the payload capacity as the truck was built when it came off the assembly line. Any and all things that you may have added to the truck since it was built, will decrease the available payload from that number. Example:....you added a truck bed toolbox and with it loaded up, it weighs 200 lbs. Subtract that 200 lbs from the number that on the sticker. The payload number normally represents a truck that has a full fuel tank and a 150 lb driver. Any varrience from those, will need to be calculated also....passenger(s), bed liner that wasn't there when it was built, etc.

The trailer you are asking about has a GVWR of right at 9500 lbs and if you have it loaded to that weight, or close to that number, you will be putting approx. 12-13% of that weight on the tongue.....1140 lbs to 1235 lbs. A good W.D. hitch will probably add another 75+ lbs, so the potential additional load on the truck will be maybe up to a little over 1300 lbs, and that's not counting all the other stuff that may or may not go in or on the truck. So all of that, is why I recommend checking your available payload capacity as the VERY FIRST thing to see where you are at for towing a trailer. In most instances, folks run out of payload before any of the other weight ratings......Hope this helps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    The trailer you are asking about has a GVWR of right at 9500 lbs and if you have it loaded to that weight, or close to that number, you will be putting approx. 12-13% of that weight on the tongue.....1140 lbs to 1235 lbs. A good W.D. hitch will probably add another 75+ lbs, so the potential additional load on the truck will be maybe up to a little over 1300 lbs, and that's not counting all the other stuff that may or may not go in or on the truck.
    @kkatta,

Another thing to check on your truck is the rating of the hitch receiver. There should be a sticker on it that indicates weight carrying and weight distributing capacities. You would definitely want to use a weight distributing hitch to tow an Imagine, so the weight distributing rating is the one to focus on.

If you're truck is a half-ton pick-up, then it's not likely that your hitch's weight distributing rating is more than about 1,200-lbs. or so. Put that with the hitch weight estimates from the previous reply from @xrated and it looks like the 3170BH is probably beyond the rated capacity of most half-ton trucks.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took all the advice that was provided, the sticker on the door was 1722, I traded it in for a 2015 Silverado 2500 today, pick up the truck Monday!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took all the advice that was provided, the sticker on the door was 1722, I traded it in for a 2015 Silverado 2500 today, pick up the truck Monday!
    What are the payload and hitch ratings for the 2500?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations.....that is awesome. I always have mixed emotions about giving opinion/advice when someone asks about their truck and trailer combination because some folks will ask the question, but then they don't want to hear what is said. I always try to provide the facts, given the numbers and such that the person provides, then let them make the decision what will or will not work for them. The numbers don't lie, but some people just aren't willing to accept them......you did and you will have a much more pleasant and safe towing experience with a T.V. that is up to the task of being able to handle the weight and length of the trailer. Towing with a rig that is right on the edge of it's capacity ratings or worse yet, over it's ratings is NO FUN. I did it for a very short time with my previous trailer, but only long enough to be able to find a more than enough, capable truck. Thanks for checking back in and letting us know how this turned out for you.....AND....happy camping and enjoy the new setup.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will get the info for the truck weight ratings on Monday and post it after I pick it up from the dealer, I know it was way above the rated capacity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 chevy silverado trailering guide

I have found this 2015 chevy Silverado trailering guide
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CH-CAT-10217126_MY15 US Trailering Guide_122215.pdf 
Views:	13 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	19511

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made the right call moving to a 2500. Last summer when I bought my 3170 I had a 2017 F150 Platinum with max tow, the 10 speed and 3.5 ecoboost. Payload was just over 1500 pounds and it was just too much trailer for the truck. I towed twice in ideal conditions and each time I had a moment where I felt like the trailer was in total control and as they say the tail was wagging the dog. Everything was set up properly as far as the weight distribution hitch (fastway e2) but even then the rear axle capacity was exceeded by 120 pounds. I scaled the truck and trailer each trip. Power was never an issue, I have nothing but praise for the ecoboost, it has amazing power, just bring your credit card along for the ride. Payload was maxed out and slightly exceeded and you could tell the truck was overwhelmed.

I previously towed a 27 foot trailer with a curb weight of 6000 lbs. and in my opinion that is close to where a similarly equipped half tonne’s limit safely lies in both length and weight. I never had an issue or felt out of control with that set up.

Can’t wait for my first trip towing my 3170 with my new 2019 F250 Supercrew 6.2L Lariat. Happy camping!