Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up the new trailer

We picked up our new Solitude ST320X yesterday. While doing the walk through with the "tour guide" I noticed the green caps on the wheels. I know there is nitrogen in them and commented that to the guide. I asked him where to fill them with nitrogen should the need arise. He said places that dispense nitrogen was hard to find and I haven't seen it really available. Where do you refill your tires with nitrogen?
    Wade & Silke- Falcon, CO

2011 Dodge Ram 5500

Loaded 385TH
    If you know where a Costco is they will fill them up for free!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had my valve stems replaced so I could mount a tire pressure monitoring system. I couldn't find a local store to refill them, so I just used shop air. In three months, I only had to top off the air in my tires twice. I don't see the benefit of nitrogen at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most auto dealers and Discount Tire can fill them.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't waste your time or money, fill with air. Numerous discussions concerning nitrogen vs air; air always wins, unless you are a racecar driver or airplane pilot. Just my 2cents.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

pcjunki
    Don't waste your time just add air when needed. Nitrogen fill stations are few and far between unless you are in a large metropolitan area. I live in Central VA and there are only two fill stations within an hour drive and one of them turned me down when my TT needed topping off because they could not get the trailer into their facility where the nitrogen tanks were located. Costco will be glad to fill them for you if you bought your tires from them but generally they do not refill nitrogen in tires unless the tires were bought there. I currently have an on-board air system on my truck and have a Rocksmashers 2WayAir kit for the truck and the 303RLS that will allow me to connect all tires at the same time to my on-board air system or to standard air compressor and fill/balance all tires on my truck and 303RLS at the same time. I have two pop-off valves that controls the different air pressures for the truck and 303RLS at the same time. When they pop off, I can just go around and unhook the leaders to each of the tires and put them away. Will save a lot of time with out the need to check the pressures individually before we travel each time.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies folks. I'll replace with air as needed.