User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Did you put the film on the inside or the outside of the window? We did our home with the film on the outside and it has worked really well but I wonder about all the chemicals that one encounters on the road and in wash racks. My installer seems really confident in an outside installation to keep more heat out.
    They did our office (before I retired, new construction) 12' windows on the inside. That is where I first learned about the ceramic film and that was in Sacramento. Did my truck in San Diego by one shop and my Momentum by another shop, all on the inside. I would not do the outside unless there is a long term warranty against scratches. Just debris (sand, dirt, bird crap, acid rain, etc.) hitting the film on the outside would take a toll in short order, I would think.

Why are they wanting to do the outside.....just because it's a little easier? I've never heard of it being done on the outside.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Why are they wanting to do the outside.....just because it's a little easier? I've never heard of it being done on the outside.
    Apparently it is very common here for residential tint. Keeps the thermal protection on the outside of the window before the heat gets inside the house. We have a few degrees more of temperature extremes here than in Sacramento so it may be regional. It has been very effective on our home, but then again our home doesn't run down the highway at 70 mph
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of that before. But my initial thought is that it makes sense.....repel the heat before it hits the glass. Having said that, that fact that we're moving down the highway at speed would require further consideration, as you pointed out.

You may or may not know it but Sacramento is in the triple digit temps every summer and several times a year the news will say "it's hotter in Sacramento than it is in Arizona". The only thing is, in Sacramento (and the San Joaquin Valley, aka The Big Valley) that it's only a few days at a time instead of weeks at a time.

I was at the fairgrounds off of Houghton Rd. about two months ago, there in Tucson and we got four inches of snow! We liked the Tucson area and plan to go back next winter. By the way, several people in Phoenix told us "it doesn't get hot in Tucson". LOL it's all relavant.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZhome - how long are you going to be in Colorado? We're headed up to Dolores in early July.
    Jeff and Jen
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    JCZhome - how long are you going to be in Colorado? We're headed up to Dolores in early July.
    The plan is to be in Buena Vista most of the summer. Dolores is a nice area and a beautiful ride up to Telluride. Maybe we can meet up somewhere for lunch or something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plan is to be in Buena Vista most of the summer. Dolores is a nice area and a beautiful ride up to Telluride. Maybe we can meet up somewhere for lunch or something.
    I'll ping you when we get up there.
    Jeff and Jen

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Are you bringing your bike? I know a lot of roads up here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Are you bringing your bike? I know a lot of roads up here.
    Unfortunately not. I've been riding in CO for many years. Fabulous riding, but this year we'll be sightseeing in the truck.
    Jeff and Jen

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3M ceramic film is installed on all of the windows of the 310GK. So far it seems to be keeping the rv cooler, but it hasn't gotten hot yet.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I got a quote last night of 1516.00 to do all of the windows with ceramic film and I think I will go this route. Do you notice a difference in cold transfer with the ceramic film? With the amount of glass in the Solitude, cold and heat both transfer a huge amount through the windows. When in bed in the winter with temps around 0, the small window next to where I sleep had a feeling like it was open is how much cold it was letting in.
    We had the 3M ceramic film installed a couple of years ago. It's much more effective for heat in the summer than it is for cold in the winter. We still use our Reflectix cut-outs in the windows when it gets into the 30s and below.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast