User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    3M ceramic film is installed on all of the windows of the 310GK. So far it seems to be keeping the rv cooler, but it hasn't gotten hot yet.
    You will notice a difference if you experienced it last summer. Although it still gets hot, just not as hot as it did before the film. I still keep the blinds pulled on the side that the sun is on, etc. The difference is that with the film my A/Cs cycle on and off instead of running non-stop all day long.

Another thing you'll notice in the winter months....you don't get the condensation.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, just when I think my "To Do" list has all the possible entries (well over 50 items not done yet!) I read about yet another upgrade I now want to do. Thanks?

I do appreciate the link to the thread back in early '17. I hadn't read it before--very informative. I need to check out this ceramic film.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI I just ordered some 20% Ceramic Window Film from Concord Films. It's rated to have a Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) of 64%. TSER is the what you need to look at to determine how well a particular film will perform at rejection the heat from the sun.

To compare, 3M Crystalline at 20% has a TSER of 62%, so the two films are very comparable.

Yes, I realize 20% on top of the already tinted RV windows is going to make it dark inside, but I don't care. We travel during the summer and the heat is brutal. With two air conditioners running, we're still hot, especially my wife.

BTW, I'm going to install the film myself. I've watched the videos. I've watched a technician install window film on all my office windows. It's not rocket science.

Total cost for film and materials was a bit over $130.

Here's the website I ordered the film from: http://www.windowfilm.com/auto_1.html
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop that did my ceramic film had the heat lamp set up with a daisy wheel that had different films on it. Here's a link to a video that shows something similar.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwGnj_y_Kg
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First trip out with the new ceramic window film. With sun shining on the windows, 70 degrees ambient, the inside of the trailer climbed to 82 degrees. Feeling the windows, they were warm but not hot like they were before, still heat transfer, but not as bad. I went with 30% 3M ceramic. I guess I was hoping for a little better results, but with the shades down, most of the heat is blocked. I didn't check today, but in the past I have used a infrared thermometer on the inside of the closet behind the front cap and I noticed a lot of heat coming in from there also. Insulation probably isn't glued in place. Temps got down to low 30's over night, but the inside of the windows didn't feel overly cold. The heater did run a lot though, but it didn't help that I was fighting a stomach bug and had the chills. My wife is on vacation in Denmark with our daughter and my mother in law, so I used the freedom to tow my boat and do some fishing.
    Last edited by Nuffsaid; 05-12-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in Bozeman for the last week, temps have been mild until last night when it got down to 5 degrees. My wife has been sleeping too hot, so we blocked all of the heat coming into the bedroom. Results, very little condensation on the windows, but frost on the windows in the bedroom without heat. Overall, I think the window film helps reject some of the cold. In the last 6 days we have used almost 100 lbs of propane and the electric fireplace has been on most of the time too. I also have my new diesel fired heater running, but I don't think the location is the best. More testing is needed.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you're getting 3M thinsulate or better known as climate control 75. 3m crystalline is just a UV blocker. 3m CC75 has heat retention capabilities along with 99% UV block. Recent estimates for me were 1800 and 2500 in a 351m momentum.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to try the thinsulate, but I couldn't justify the extra 1k so I went with the ceramic film instead based on others that have installed the ceramic film. It doesn't work as good as I hope and made the inside darker. It does block some solar heat, but I can still feel a lot of heat coming through the windows. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased a trailer with dual pane windows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123