Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Britree View Post
    Hi we are new to this site and our 337rls 5th wheel. Have some issues on the quality of workmenship on some things in our 5th, will NEVER buy anything from Lazy Days in Tampa again.
    Welcome Britree and sorry to hear about the issues. We too, are new to all of this. We have worked some "bugs" out of ours since we picked it up in September, I am expecting there will be more after we get it out of storage next spring. So far, we have received decent service from our dealer, but I really feel that it is partly due to the excellent backing of their product by Grand Design. I wouldn't hesitate to contact Grand Design for help in getting everything resolved so you can get out and enjoy your new 337.
    Mike

Britree
    TY Mike & Doris, I was totally impressed when we 1st looked at this model, but when we picked it up there were so many things wrong like it was just thrown together. The dealer is going to fix all issues but it is just a pain to have to take it back. It is not even a month old. Then it makes me wonder about the so called quality Grand Design says they put out, if that were the case, this unit should have never left the plant, do they not have someone to inspect these before they send them out, because if they did this one would have went back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Britree View Post
    TY Mike & Doris, I was totally impressed when we 1st looked at this model, but when we picked it up there were so many things wrong like it was just thrown together. The dealer is going to fix all issues but it is just a pain to have to take it back. It is not even a month old. Then it makes me wonder about the so called quality Grand Design says they put out, if that were the case, this unit should have never left the plant, do they not have someone to inspect these before they send them out, because if they did this one would have went back.
    Sure hate to hear this, Britree. GD does have a crew that does QC as the units are completed. They must have been asleep when yours rolled down the line. Don't give up on GD yet...give them a chance. They are good folks and will help.

We have well over 10k miles on our 337 -- including a factory tour at the GD plant. There have been a few things that have gone South on us but those 10 thousand miles have been mostly trouble free and a lot of fun. GD has stood behind there product for us and I am sure they will do the same for you.

I may be wrong but I think the breakdown in service comes more from the selling dealer rather than GD. GD has a large dealer network and they have to ride herd over them to keep them on the straight and narrow. Good luck...keep us posted.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Ditkitty
    I would agree with Dean and Cindy. We bought it from a dealer that has several locations. Did the PDI, made a list of things to fix, then had it delivered. they hadn't fixed a single thing :-(. Second branch of dealer is actually closer to where we keep the rig. They sent out a tech who fixed what he could, but they had to pick up the rig and take it in to work on the slides. Picked it up, fixed it, and delivered it again all at no charge. 2nd branch said the rig never should have been let off the 1st branch lot in that condition. I don't blame GD, I blame whoever dropped the ball at the 1st lot.

Ruthbrincke
    Hello! New to this site. We are ready to pull the trigger on the 337 rls tomorrow. When we pick up the rig and do the walk thru, any suggestions on what we should look for to avoid returning to the dealer right away? Dealer is 2 hours from home. Would like to address minor issues then. Appreciate anyone's input.
    Thank you.
    Carl and Ruth

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthbrincke View Post
    Hello! New to this site. We are ready to pull the trigger on the 337 rls tomorrow. When we pick up the rig and do the walk thru, any suggestions on what we should look for to avoid returning to the dealer right away? Dealer is 2 hours from home. Would like to address minor issues then. Appreciate anyone's input.
    Thank you.
    Carl and Ruth
    Hi Carl & Ruth,

You have linked to a very old thread.
    Check this more current discussion http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...pective-on-PDI
    Grand Design warranty coverage is amazing. Just focus on dings/dents/scratches and Grand Design will take care of anything that goes astray in the future.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site, and to Grand Design!!!!
    You should check, or start everything.

Check the water pump to properly work whether dry camping or full hook up mode.
    Check AC unit to properly cool, heater heats. On my 348M Momentum, they forgot to open/cut the foil tape to allow air to inter the ductwork. It was a simple fix.
    Refrigerator, does it cool on gas & electric.
    Light the burners on the range.
    Check the heater in the fire place.
    Awnings, door latches, lights, & windows/shades.

Good luck on your Pre Delivery Inspection.
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12